Author Topic: Why Climate Alarmism Hurts Us All  (Read 590 times)

rangerrebew

Why Climate Alarmism Hurts Us All
« on: December 08, 2019, 05:04:43 pm »
Dec 4, 2019,1:08 am
Why Climate Alarmism Hurts Us All
Michael ShellenbergerContributor

In July of this year, one of Lauren Jeffrey’s science teachers made an off-hand comment about how climate change could be apocalyptic. Jeffrey is 17 years old and attends high school in Milton Keynes, a city of 230,000 people about 50 miles northwest of London.

“I did research on it and spent two months feeling quite anxious,” she told me. “I would hear young people around me talk about it and they were convinced that the world was going to end and they were going to die.”

In September, British psychologists warned of the impact on children of apocalyptic discussions of climate change. “There is no doubt in my mind that they are being emotionally impacted,” one expert said.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michaelshellenberger/2019/12/04/why-climate-alarmism-hurts-us-all/amp/?emci=2ec988e8-bc16-ea11-828b-2818784d6d68&emdi=0a929482-bf16-ea11-828b-2818784d6d68&ceid=1556470&__twitter_impression=true

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
Re: Why Climate Alarmism Hurts Us All
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2019, 02:20:02 am »
Fear is one of the Left's big guns.
FEAR "the religious right."
FEAR *Climate Change.*
FEAR Republican Racism.
FEAR white men.
FEAR the rich.  They're out to get you.
FEAR plastic.
FEAR *toxins.*
FEAR "big business."
FEAR "big oil."
FEAR Donald Trump.
FEAR Trump followers. Beat them over their heads with steel bars while wearing black masks.
Then run away. 
The Book Commentary: "The book (Brilliant Creations - The Wonder of Nature and Life) is pure genius."
Review by John Orosz, M.D. "Wow, beyond outstanding. Please send me twenty signed copies for colleagues, family, and libraries."
"I was running every morning for twenty years with a genius." - Mike McCartney, D.D.S.
"You have the most agile mind of anyone I know." -
Avice Marie Griffin, PhD, Clinical Psychologist

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2019, 05:48:42 am »
It's always something. "The Bomb" was a biggie when I was growing up, then M.A.D., and the media are always serving up a fresh steaming platter of "Wesa gonna die!".

Sooner or later, they'll be right. Then what? WIll the people gather in churches to pray away their last hours?
Will they roam the streets looting and killing and burning? (After all, there's always a better TV to watch the End of the World on (in living color).

The biggest single problem, though, is that those who are convinced they will die tomorrow or next week, or in twelve years, make no plans for the day after tomorrow, the week after next, or twenty years from now: they see that as irrelevant. So, generations who are already afflicted with short attention spans are, in their minds, afflicted further with the notion that life is short, so grab what you can today. For some--all too many--that refuge they seek is far from spiritual, but completely material or the miasma of drug induced euphoria.

You'd think those in such proximity to meeting their Maker would see things differently, but many do not know Him, either.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2019, 02:42:40 pm »
People all over the globe are freezing their asses off right now.

Cold kills many more people than heat.

http://www.meteoweb.eu/2019/11/meteo-alpi-sommerse-neve-piemonte-sestriere/1350156/#33
« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 02:43:31 pm by DeerSlayer »
The Book Commentary: "The book (Brilliant Creations - The Wonder of Nature and Life) is pure genius."
Review by John Orosz, M.D. "Wow, beyond outstanding. Please send me twenty signed copies for colleagues, family, and libraries."
"I was running every morning for twenty years with a genius." - Mike McCartney, D.D.S.
"You have the most agile mind of anyone I know." -
Avice Marie Griffin, PhD, Clinical Psychologist