Author Topic: When Devout Catholics Grimaced Over Pelosi’s ‘As a Catholic’ Hypocrisy  (Read 182 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 When Devout Catholics Grimaced Over Pelosi’s ‘As a Catholic’ Hypocrisy
They felt what Orthodox Jews feel over our phonies.

by Dov Fischer
December 10, 2019, 12:12 AM

James Rosen, a great reporter, asked Nancy Pelosi at a press conference last week why she hates the duly elected president of the United States. In her response, Pelosi detoured into another dimension, denying that she hates Donald Trump. “As a Catholic,” she lectured, “I resent your using the word ‘hate’ in a sentence that addresses me. I don’t hate anyone.”

“My goodness!,” I thought to myself. “How utterly frustrated, bemused — even furious — sincerely devout Catholics must feel listening to this cheap politician, who represents billionaires in a district teeming with homeless, cloaking her hatred for President Trump in Catholic fabric!” Which part of her devout “as a Catholic” devotion leads Nancy Pelosi to be a leader in promoting abortions, gay marriage, and the Obama–Democrat agenda she shepherded? Where was this “as a Catholic” when the Little Sisters of the Poor were fighting their way to the Supreme Court of the United States, seeking SCOTUS protection in Zubik v. Burwell in 2016, from Pelosi’s Obamacare, which forced the nuns, against their Catholic faith, to provide birth control contraceptives to employees? (I know where I was. Together with my Orthodox rabbinical colleagues Rabbi Steven Pruzansky and Rabbi Mitchell Rocklin, I submitted an amicus curae brief with the court in support of the Catholic nuns.)

more
https://spectator.org/when-devout-catholics-grimaced-over-pelosis-as-a-catholic-hypocrisy/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
She only hates unborn babies......../s
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Bad enough that Pelosi only distances herself from the devout Catholics by her wholehearted support for so much that is anathema, but worse yet, the Church has failed to distance itself from her.

Unfortunately, this Pope leaves much to be desired. (and yes, I AM being "nice").
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline conservativevoter

Pelosi is NOT a true member of the Catholic Church.  She is an Ersatz Catholic.

Don't mess with me!   :amen:

Offline PeteS in CA

I think there have been a lot of pols who have caused grimaces and worse among devout Catholics Cough! Kennedy! Cough!. Pelosi is just one of the current crop (and, sadly, there probably is a newer/younger generation of painful hypocrites coming on scene).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.