Author Topic: Time 2019 Person of the Year: Greta Thunberg  (Read 1967 times)

Offline mountaineer

Re: Time 2019 Person of the Year: Greta Thunberg
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2019, 07:01:47 pm »
Nation Surprised To Learn Time Magazine Still In Print
That's the truth. TIME and Sports Illustrated jumped the shark quite a while ago.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Idiot

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2019, 07:42:30 pm »
Here is a better choice: Morgan Vague, a biology student at Reed College in Oregon, may have found a solution to one of the most urgent environmental crises in the world. She discovered a breeding bacteria that can "eat" plastic and break it down into by-products that are harmless
Oh yeah, let that loose in a car lot...There's a lot of plastic we don't want broken down, and bacteria have a way of breaching containment.  Just wait until it starts eating cheap toilet seats, porta potties, and other stuff....
« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 08:13:36 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline musiclady

« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2019, 07:46:23 pm »
Joke, right???  *****rollingeyes*****
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2019, 08:06:39 pm »
The very pinnacle of absurdity.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2019, 08:45:52 pm »

The current culture deviated radically from previous human experience, ruthlessly reducing each woman and man to mere political units to be manipulated, balkanizing them into communities according to their likes and dislikes, so everything from cars to candy bars could be more effectively marketed, robbing them of their privacy, denying them both a real community of diverse views and the possibility of personal evolution by censoring the world they saw through the Internet to make it conform to the preferred beliefs of their self-appointed betters. - Dean Koontz

@mountaineer

Please correct me if I am wrong,but ain't Koontz a northeastern leftie?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2019, 08:48:23 pm »
Oh yeah, let that loose in a car lot...There's a lot of plastic we don't want broken down, and bacteria have a way of breaching containment.  Just wait until it starts eating cheap toilet seats, porta potties, and other stuff....

@Smokin Joe

Imagine it eating breastsickles!

Movie stars and Dim politicians would have blank minds. Ok,blanker minds.

The HORRORS! Hollywood and Broadway would shut down.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2019, 10:43:17 pm »
Please correct me if I am wrong,but ain't Koontz a northeastern leftie?
He's a Californian.  Don't know his politics,  but there's a libertarian vibe to many of his novels.

I highly recommend the 5-book "Jane Hawk" series, where an FBI agent becomes public enemy #1 when she discovers a plot to turn American citizens into brain-drugged obedient servants. I was able to find all of the books at the local public library.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2019, 12:42:49 pm by mountaineer »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2019, 03:38:55 pm »
You're telling me that this little Muppet deserves the honor more than someone like...oh I dunno...Gary Sinese?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2019, 03:44:05 pm »

I highly recommend the 5-book "Jane Hawk" series, where an FBI agent becomes public enemy #1 when she discovers a plot to turn American citizens into brain-drugged obedient servants. I was able to find all of the books at the local public library.

@mountaineer

Thanks! I have read and enjoyed a lot of his books,and will be looking this one up as soon as I log off here.

Yeah,I am one of those troglodytes that prefers actual books,with paper you can feel and smell,handle and fold.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2019, 04:18:27 pm »
You're telling me that this little Muppet deserves the honor more than someone like...oh I dunno...Gary Sinese?
It's been a slow news year. It was between her and that cat talking to the screaming reality show lady. (Me, I would've gone with the cat.)

Just a reminder that "Person of the Year" is just what they consider newsworthy for that particular year. Hitler, Stalin, Putin... all have been bestowed the same, er, "honor."
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2019, 05:09:48 pm »
I find this child's situation to be so sad.  Somebody (parents?  teachers) has her convinced that the world will end in a few short years. They have her mental state in a frenzy and have stolen her childhood.  Her brain isn't hard wired yet and as that progresses the hard wiring will be heavily influenced by her belief in certain dystopia and severe anxiety.  It's really going to suck to be her as she tries to cope with life.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2019, 05:49:49 pm »
I find this child's situation to be so sad.  Somebody (parents?  teachers) has her convinced that the world will end in a few short years. They have her mental state in a frenzy and have stolen her childhood.  Her brain isn't hard wired yet and as that progresses the hard wiring will be heavily influenced by her belief in certain dystopia and severe anxiety.  It's really going to suck to be her as she tries to cope with life.

@LadyLiberty

Well said!

Offline verga

« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2019, 07:03:50 pm »
From the second she appeared on the world stage I said some adults in her life need their collective @$$e$ kicked.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2019, 02:12:11 am »

What Gary Sinese is doing surpasses honor.

That little muppet. Like my dad used to say. That little white spot on the top of a pile of chickenshit? That is still chickenshit.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2019, 04:12:11 am »
Or Hillary's new cheeks

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2019, 04:16:49 am »
Or Hillary's new cheeks
Upper or lower?

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2019, 02:27:32 pm »
Now the little fascist puppet hints at firing squads for climate change "nonbelievers."
Greta Thunberg tells cheering crowd 'we will make sure we put world leaders against the wall' if they do not tackle global warming as she attends climate protest in Turin

The activist accused world leaders of 'running away from their responsibilities'
    The 16-year-old declared 2020 should be a 'year of action' to save planet
    She was talking at 'Fridays for Future' demonstration this afternoon

By James Mills for MailOnline

Published: 09:38 EST, 13 December 2019 | Updated: 12:47 EST, 13 December 2019  ...
Daily Mail

Online GtHawk

« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2019, 09:09:30 pm »
Upper or lower?

Why'd you have to bring up that image!

Online GtHawk

« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2019, 09:18:12 pm »
Now the little fascist puppet hints at firing squads for climate change "nonbelievers."Daily Mail
Now where have we heard speeches with that kind of imagery before?

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2019, 10:32:53 pm »
Putting world leaders against a wall for not complying with her demands. WHo TF is she to make such noise?
That kid needs a tune up. (But any action against her would only make her a martyr for the Envirowhacko cause).

C S Lewis

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2019, 10:48:24 pm »
Upper or lower?

Damn....that was low.  butt-tuck low.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2019, 11:21:30 pm »
Damn....that was low.  butt-tuck low.
Warning: graphic image description follows, viewer discretion advised:

Can't be covering the rear view of those lovely cankles with those cellulite puckered orbs....

C S Lewis