Author Topic: Sir Anthony Hopkins on Current Events: 'I Don't Know ... Actors Are Pretty Stupid'  (Read 288 times)

rangerrebew

Sir Anthony Hopkins on Current Events: 'I Don't Know ... Actors Are Pretty Stupid'
By Michael W. Chapman | December 9, 2019 | 12:39pm EST

In an interview with fellow actor Brad Pitt, Academy Award winner Sir Anthony Hopkins, who has appeared in at least 80 films and dozens of television shows, said that when people ask him about current events, he replies that his opinion does not matter because "actors are pretty stupid." 

Hopkins' interview with Pitt was published in Interview magazine on Dec. 2.

During the exchange, Hopkins, 81, said, "People ask me questions about present situations in life, and I say, 'I don’t know, I’m just an actor. I don’t have any opinions."

https://cnsnews.com/blog/michael-w-chapman/sir-anthony-hopkins-current-events-i-dont-know-actors-are-pretty-stupid

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Anthony Hopkins on Current Events: 'I Don't Know ... Actors Are Pretty Stupid'..."

But, unlike many of his contemporaries, Mr. Hopkins appears to be both shrewd and wise.

Offline The_Reader_David

Well, Anthony Hopkins thus makes himself the second actor or actress whose opinions I actually might pay attention to:  the first was Katherine Hepburn, who similarly demurred on ever giving her opinion on the matters of the day.

Why people care about the opinions of people who make their livings by pretending to be other people has always been a mystery to me.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline Applewood

Good way to keep your fans.  Look at how many celebs spouted off nonsense and ruined their careers as a result.  Dixie Chicks, for example. 

As the saying goes, "shut up and sing."  Or act, or dance or whatever it is you do.