Author Topic: Senator Elizabeth Warren’s Brave New World… [plans afoot to jail fossil fuel executives]  (Read 456 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Electroverse by Poppalloff 12/8/2019

Lying under oath is a crime known as perjury, but corporations lie all the time (Remember when tobacco companies told us cigarettes were healthy?). On Tuesday, Senator Elizabeth Warren unveiled a plan to fight what she calls “corporate perjury.”

Warren’s proposal, which is part and parcel of her larger anti-corruption push, zeroes in on fossil fuel companies. Specifically, ExxonMobil — a company that is currently mired in lawsuits that allege it knew climate change was real in the 1980s and misled investors and the public about it. This charge has been leveled despite no proof that CO2 has any say in temperature rise or climate change…

Yet despite the science and the lost court case:

Several candidates have sworn to hold the fossil fuel industry accountable for fraud and corruption. But Warren is the first to release a proposal specifically aimed at stopping corporations from misleading the public and regulators in the future.

The plan is three-pronged. First, Warren aims to create a “corporate perjury” law that will take executives to court for knowingly lying to federal agencies. You might assume such a law already exists, but you’d be wrong. People can be taken to court for lying in court, before Congress, or to their own shareholders, but the information they provide to federal agencies currently constitutes a weird grey area.

More: https://electroverse.net/senator-elizabeth-warrens-brave-new-world-plans-afoot-to-jail-fossil-fuel-executives/

Offline LMAO

You got to hand it to Warren. No other candidate, with the exception of Sanders, in the history of the republic, outlined how they seek to destroy the US economy and standard of living so loudly and proudly
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Bipartisan list:

"Read my lips, no new taxes."

"If you like your plan, you can keep your plan; with $2500 annual savings."

etc.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Warren and Sanders are communists.  No mystery that COMMUNISTS want to destroy this great nation.

I have a better suggestion.  Let's indict, convict and dispatch these communists for sedition and treason.  If France can guillotine 17,000 of its aristocracy during their revolution, we can do the same to all involved in the coup against Trump, which right now includes many democommies.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Electroverse by Poppalloff 12/8/2019

Lying under oath is a crime known as perjury, but corporations lie all the time (Remember when tobacco companies told us cigarettes were healthy?). On Tuesday, Senator Elizabeth Warren unveiled a plan to fight what she calls “corporate perjury.”

Warren’s proposal, which is part and parcel of her larger anti-corruption push, zeroes in on fossil fuel companies. Specifically, ExxonMobil — a company that is currently mired in lawsuits that allege it knew climate change was real in the 1980s and misled investors and the public about it. This charge has been leveled despite no proof that CO2 has any say in temperature rise or climate change…

Yet despite the science and the lost court case:

I was before retirement in management of a large oil company.  Ms Warren, I can equovically say that the climate change is a left wing ploy for international wealth distribution.  The warmest time in recorded human history was about a 1000 years ago.  Did oil cause that?

Come and try to arrest me bitch. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Will she demand herself be jailed as well?

Memo in 1990s pollution case shows Elizabeth Warren in action as corporate consultant

The memo from then-Professor Elizabeth Warren was written on Harvard University law school letterhead, a symbol of gravitas for a scholar renowned as a champion for consumers victimized by predatory banks and other big businesses.

But on this occasion, Warren was not arguing on behalf of vulnerable families, nor was she offering the sort of stinging rebuke of corporate greed that would later define her political career. Rather, Warren was representing a large development company that was trying to avoid having to clean up a toxic waste site.

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Memo-in-1990s-pollution-case-shows-Elizabeth-14894375.php
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
She's come up with yet another stupid policy -- mimicking AOC's New Green Deal, Warren is coming up with her own.  It's called the Blue New Deal!  How exactly does regenerative ocean farming help to fight climate change?   Such a deal!  :rolling:

Elizabeth Warren announces 'Blue New Deal for our oceans'

Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., released an addendum to her version of the Green New Deal Tuesday that includes a plan to protect fisheries and the ocean while charging industrial "bad actors" for damaging ecosystems. Warren's "Blue New Deal" calls for the reinstatement of former President Obama's clean water rule, subsidies for offshore renewable energy projects, and prioritizing offshore wind and wave energy.

She expects her offshore energy projects, along with rebuilding fisheries, to create hundreds of thousands of jobs. "As we transition our economy to 100 [percent] clean energy, my administration will prioritize offshore renewable energy," the 2020 hopeful tweeted on Tuesday.

"I'll fight to fully restore America's fish stocks — supporting up to 500k additional jobs — and invest in regenerative ocean farming that will help fight climate change."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/elizabeth-warren-blue-new-deal
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 09:24:25 pm by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Elizabeth Warren announces 'Blue New Deal for our oceans'"

Squaw's splashin' sounds fishy to me.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I was before retirement in management of a large oil company.  Ms Warren, I can equovically say that the climate change is a left wing ploy for international wealth distribution.  The warmest time in recorded human history was about a 1000 years ago.  Did oil cause that?

Come and try to arrest me bitch.
From the top floor offices to the roustabouts in the field, I think they'd have a lively time trying to round up folks in the oil industry. Not only is this an incredibly patriotic, generally Conservative, gun loving, and tremendously capable crowd, but we're not known for putting up with ridiculous crap.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis