Author Topic: UK: Little boy with suspected pneumonia forced to sleep on hospital floor due to lack of beds  (Read 425 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Little boy with suspected pneumonia forced to sleep on hospital floor due to lack of beds

EXCLUSIVE: A troubling picture of four-year-old Jack covered in coats on the floor with tubes coming out of him lays bare the NHS funding crisis after 10 years of Tory rule

A little boy with suspected pneumonia was forced to sleep on a cold hospital floor for more than four hours because of a shortage of beds.

His desperate mum Sarah Williment covered her four-year-old son Jack in coats in a bid to keep him warm and comfortable.

And when he was eventually moved to a ward, the youngster endured another five hours on a trolley before a bed was found.

More at: https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/world-news/little-boy-suspected-pneumonia-forced-21059028

Lots on this. It comes right before election day which is Thursday.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 01:51:10 am by TomSea »

Offline Victoria33

@TomSea

In England:
The mom has the free plan.  Free hospitals have wards, no private rooms.  One can buy the private plan instead of the free plan.  If she had the private plan, she and the child would be in a private plan hospital, in a single room.  My son has the private plan.

Offline Victoria33

@TomSea

I spoke to son and he will let me know the results of the Thursday election and I will let you know the outcome. 

Online IsailedawayfromFR

Welcome to socialized medicine.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington