Author Topic: Democrats, White House reach agreement on revised NAFTA trade pact  (Read 511 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
After months of negotiations and a last-minute hitch involving Mexico, the White House and House Democrats have reached a deal that clears the way for passage of a revised North American free-trade pact.
“We got the agreement, we’re going to go with it,” House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Rep. Richard E. Neal (D-Mass.) said Tuesday. Neal’s committee handles trade policy in the House.

Although the announcement of the deal comes on the same day that House leaders unveiled their impeachment resolution against Trump, “you can’t control the timing,” Neal said.

“Sometimes they coincide — there’s not much you can do about it. I repeatedly noted that when we got the agreement, we would go with it,” he said.

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2019-12-10/revised-nafta-mexico-white-house-democrats
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: Democrats, White House reach agreement on revised NAFTA trade pact
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2019, 05:14:46 pm »
From reading the headlines on CNN website and even FOX News website, it would seem that Pelosi and the DEMS are responsible for the USCMA deal, while they also impeach the President who is responsible for the deal!  How clever!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2019, 06:00:57 pm »
I'm betting this agreement will be another cluster-*beep* like the last one.  Anything "bipartisan" is generally bad.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2019, 06:12:02 pm »
I'm betting this agreement will be another cluster-*beep* like the last one.  Anything "bipartisan" is generally bad.

For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Applewood

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2019, 08:20:54 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

George is so right.  RIP

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2019, 01:53:00 am »
Now that we have the greatest economy in history, this should fix it.

https://aflcio.org/pressreleases/afl-cio-endorses-usmca-after-successfully-negotiating-improvements

Labor Federation President Richard Trumka on the United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement (USMCA), provided final text accurately reflects changes: 

Make no mistake, we demanded a trade deal that benefits workers and fought every single day to negotiate that deal; and now we have secured an agreement that working people can proudly support.

I am grateful to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and her allies on the USMCA working group, along with Senate champions like Sherrod Brown and Ron Wyden, for standing strong with us throughout this process as we demanded a truly enforceable agreement. I also commend Ambassador Robert Lighthizer for being a straight shooter and an honest broker as we worked toward a resolution.

more at link

Looks fine to me.  More good news...when it's passed we can find out what's in it.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 01:59:49 am by Once-Ler »