Author Topic: Nativity Scene Shows Holy Family Separated, Caged at U.S. Border  (Read 1538 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Nativity Scene Shows Holy Family Separated, Caged at U.S. Border
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2019, 06:39:46 pm »
There is definitely a significant conservative portion UMC in the US.  Groups like the Confessing Movement, Good News, UMAction and Wesleyan Covenant Assocation have gained in strength and numbers.  If that turns the church or splits it apart will be a question that many within are already asking.

@thackney

"UMC"= United Methodist Conference,or whatever the official name is?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2019, 06:46:44 pm »
Ignore the

:troll:

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2019, 06:53:19 pm »
Care to explain your basis for that claim?
@PeteS in CA
@Cyber Liberty
I can't speak to the specific claim, but I was put in mind of Jesus's distinction between Caesar and God, and of the sad fact in the eons that have passed since that people of various political stripes still seem to think that rendering unto Caesar equals Caesar's entitlement to make off with the whole pot.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2019, 07:03:46 pm »
@PeteS in CA
@Cyber Liberty
I can't speak to the specific claim, but I was put in mind of Jesus's distinction between Caesar and God, and of the sad fact in the eons that have passed since that people of various political stripes still seem to think that rendering unto Caesar equals Caesar's entitlement to make off with the whole pot.

That's a weird little passage, @EasyAce ... In fact, everything is God's, to include the breath in Caesar's lungs. It is fun to contemplate what Yeshua was saying from that angle...

Offline TomSea

« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2019, 07:10:01 pm »
Looking over their website and location on Google Maps I'd guess it's a congregation of 100-300, depending on whether they share the parking lot of the neighboring bank. They have just one service on Sundays, so I would not be surprised if they're under 200 attendees. All ministerial staff are women, for whatever that's worth.

These are guesses too. I won't go into google maps but guessing attendance, one might wonder why they only have one service on Sunday. Many have two say.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2019, 07:18:15 pm »
These are guesses too. I won't go into google maps but guessing attendance, one might wonder why they only have one service on Sunday. Many have two say.

Most UMCs have two:  One "Traditional" (Wesley hyms) and another "Modern-now-a-go-go"  (Guitar). 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2019, 07:47:42 pm »

@Cyber Liberty mentioned one purpose for having multiple services. Another, possibly more common, is that the number of attendees exceeds the capacity of the room in which services are held. E.G., the church of which I am currently a member has four services, two Saturday evening, and two Sunday morning. Two, and possibly three, of those services are typically pretty full.

I inferred from the church having one Sunday service (and none on Saturday) that its sanctuary is large enough to accommodate all attendees.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2019, 07:49:01 pm »
@Cyber Liberty mentioned one purpose for having multiple services. Another, possibly more common, is that the number of attendees exceeds the capacity of the room in which services are held. E.G., the church of which I am currently a member has four services, two Saturday evening, and two Sunday morning. Two, and possibly three, of those services are typically pretty full.

I inferred from the church having one Sunday service (and none on Saturday) that its sanctuary is large enough to accommodate all attendees.

That is a reasonable assumption.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2019, 08:21:41 pm »
That's a weird little passage, @EasyAce ... In fact, everything is God's, to include the breath in Caesar's lungs. It is fun to contemplate what Yeshua was saying from that angle...
@roamer_1
The actual quote from Christ, in the Gospel According to Matthew, is, Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and unto God the things that are God's.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2019, 08:26:27 pm »
@roamer_1
The actual quote from Christ, in the Gospel According to Matthew, is, Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and unto God the things that are God's.

@EasyAce
Right. And everything belongs to God. Even that which belongs to Caesar... There is a logic there to follow. This is a pretty typical Hebrew philosophical quip.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2019, 08:28:18 pm »
@EasyAce
Right. And everything belongs to God. Even that which belongs to Caesar... There is a logic there to follow.
@roamer_1
The trouble is that Caesar, or today's assorted governments, think everything belongs to them. The further trouble is who knows how many million people---in these United States and elsewhere---think likewise.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2019, 08:30:49 pm »
@roamer_1
The trouble is that Caesar, or today's assorted governments, think everything belongs to them. The further trouble is who knows how many million people---in these United States and elsewhere---think likewise.

This is why I open any discussion with a suspected leftist with two questions:  "What is the purpose of money?  To whom does it belong?"  If I don't get "to distribute scarcity" and "the person who earned it," then the person is to the left.
I will NOT comply.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2019, 08:32:59 pm »

And there are a lot of old churches around that are big and don't have high attendance. Maybe 40 people show up.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2019, 08:35:00 pm »
More about this "pastor" from https://hotair.com/archives/jazz-shaw/2019/12/10/nativity-scene-characters-cages-deemed-bold-statement/

As it turns out, this isn’t the first time Pastor Ristine has mangled the Nativity to invoke political debates. In 2014 she depicted Mary as a homeless person at a bus stop. The year before that she replaced Joseph with a representation of Trayvon Martin.

The pastor has also displayed Mary without Jesus to portray her as a single mother whose son is in prison. Another annual display created a desert scene reminiscent of Iraq with the Savior and His parents shown as war refugees.

Since the famous Kidz in Kages pics were published in 2014, I wonder why this "pastor" didn't do the current display 4 or 5 years ago. :sarc:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2019, 08:37:41 pm »
@roamer_1

@EasyAce

Right... But no different than Rome... Or Greece, or Babylon, or Egypt...
in the end, the logic must be: Follow Man, or follow God. You cannot do both.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2019, 08:42:42 pm »
This is why I open any discussion with a suspected leftist with two questions:  "What is the purpose of money?  To whom does it belong?"  If I don't get "to distribute scarcity" and "the person who earned it," then the person is to the left.

@Cyber Liberty  @EasyAce

Here is a philosophical argument by/based in JD Unwin, which is a propos, and revealing.
U are here.

https://www.kirkdurston.com/blog/unwin

I thought to post it on it's own... It's a 'big think' thing...