Author Topic: Lindsey Graham does not want Schiff or other Congressmen to testify at Senate impeachment trial  (Read 1559 times)

Online libertybele

Why shouldn't Trump have the same rights as any other defendant?

The entire process until now has been a sham. The defendant has had no due process. In the Senate it's time to re-establish the rights individuals are supposed to enjoy in this country. A defendant should be able to face his accuser. A defendant should be able to put on a defense that includes calling witnesses, who have to testify under oath.

If the Senate doesn't move for an immediate dismissal I'm looking to see Cirramelli, Schiff's staff, Schiff, Pelosi, Nadler, Bidens, and hopefully the fired Ukranian prosecutor all tesitifying. If the Rats want to bring in Mulvaney, Bolton, or any others so be it. The truth is withholding aid until certain conditions are met is not a crime.

He should.  However, he disrupted the DC 'country club' and there are those within his own party that want him gone.  That is exactly what this impeachment is all about.  So far, IMHO Trump has remained one step ahead of them, whether or not that will continue, is yet to be seen.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The Rats say Trump is "below the law." 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The Rats say Trump is "below the law."

@Cyber Liberty

It takes an special kind of "Stoopid" to make Trump look like a defenseless victim and gain public sympathy,but damned if the Dims didn't pull it off!

BTW,I may have just discovered a new tag line.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty

It takes an special kind of "Stoopid" to make Trump look like a defenseless victim and gain public sympathy,but damned if the Dims didn't pull it off!

BTW,I may have just discovered a new tag line.

888high58888
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Graham would be doing the nation a great disservice if he refused to take some kind of action to discourage the left from continuing down the tactical and strategic road they've chosen here. They are rapidly undermining the very bedrock our republic is built upon and will succeed unless their wrongdoing is relentlessly prosecuted.

Simply ending the farce painlessly is probably exactly what they are hoping for at this point.

Any defense attorney worth his or her weight in salt will take a Summary Judgment to Dismiss over a trial.

Trials are notorious for not going according to plan @skeeter  And the wildcard in any trial is not only the jury, but the judge as well.  I've said it before and I'll say it again:  I'm not enthusiastic about putting the fate of the POTUS and his legal team in the hands of John Roberts.  Roberts will be the ultimate decider if there is a debate over a witness, including Schiff, the WB and anyone currently excluded based on executive privilege, including the President's personal attorney.

I know and understand what you'd like to see happen.  But the chances of this happening at trial are slim to none. Roberts won't allow this to go off script ....at his core he is a company man.

Durham will take care of the coup plotters; and after a dismissal of charges, I'm adding Schiff, his staff and the "whistleblower" to this list.

The goal is preserving the presidency of Donald J. Trump.   Dismissing charges against him born of partisan, unsubstantiated charges not only accomplishes the number one objective and plays nicely in the 2020 campaign, dismissal also greases the skids for Mr. Durham.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

@Chosen Daughter

Is "His feet stink and he doan luv Jesus causen he dun cheat-ed on his wafe!" grounds for impeachment?

Enquiring minds,and all dat.

He's also a liar and a thief.

Why shouldn't Trump have the same rights as any other defendant?
He will when he goes on trial in the Senate.  If that doesn't happen ask the GOP majority in the Senate.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
He's also a liar and a thief.

@Once-Ler

How do you know? Is he related to you?

Nothing will happen anyway as a motion to dismiss will be first order of business
I want you to get good and angry when the GOP majority in the Senate doesn't do that. 

@Once-Ler

How do you know? Is he related to you?

@sneakypete Go back far enough and we all are related cuz'

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete Go back far enough and we all are related cuz'

@Once-Ler

YIKES! No need to get nasty!

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

The goal is preserving the presidency of Donald J. Trump.   Dismissing charges against him born of partisan, unsubstantiated charges not only accomplishes the number one objective and plays nicely in the 2020 campaign, dismissal also greases the skids for Mr. Durham.

Correct, @Right_in_Virginia !  The Dems in whittling down the impeachment articles to exclude bribery and extortion have greased the skids for a motion to dismiss,  since the remaining articles (abuse of power and obstruction of justice) are so obviously amorphous and partisan.   Partisan charges deserve a swift and partisan response -  case dismissed. 

It is Mr. Durham's investigation that may expose the Dems' duplicity and mendacity.   Treating impeachment for the farce that it is will help focus the public on the very real corruption aimed at overturning a lawful election.    Besides,  the Dems removed the bribery and extortion articles for reason - after all their focus group testing, they discovered that expanding those words to ensnare what the President did will leave fully exposed one Joe Biden,  who bragged about his shakedown of the Ukrainians.   

There is no good in dignifying the House Dems by taking their fevered obsession seriously.   I hope the GOP Senate poobahs will remember their instincts as lawyers and rally support to quickly and efficiently take out this stinking trash.     
« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 01:37:53 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline bilo

He should.  However, he disrupted the DC 'country club' and there are those within his own party that want him gone.  That is exactly what this impeachment is all about.  So far, IMHO Trump has remained one step ahead of them, whether or not that will continue, is yet to be seen.

I agree.

McConnell has a problem. He has 53 Pubs and needs a simple majority to call witnesses. It seems he doesn't have the votes. IOW, the Rats will spew their lies in putting on their "case" and then the Pubs will vote to dismiss before any defense is put on. The end result is the Rats will lie that the process wasn't fair to them in the Senate and then campaign on the need for a majority in the Senate to "control the criminal" Trump.

The Pubs may lose the Senate, in part because of their unwillingness to stand up and fight the tyrants. 
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

Any defense attorney worth his or her weight in salt will take a Summary Judgment to Dismiss over a trial.

Trials are notorious for not going according to plan @skeeter  And the wildcard in any trial is not only the jury, but the judge as well.  I've said it before and I'll say it again:  I'm not enthusiastic about putting the fate of the POTUS and his legal team in the hands of John Roberts.  Roberts will be the ultimate decider if there is a debate over a witness, including Schiff, the WB and anyone currently excluded based on executive privilege, including the President's personal attorney.

I know and understand what you'd like to see happen.  But the chances of this happening at trial are slim to none. Roberts won't allow this to go off script ....at his core he is a company man.

Durham will take care of the coup plotters; and after a dismissal of charges, I'm adding Schiff, his staff and the "whistleblower" to this list.

I agree with your analysis. However, even if the Bidens aren't called as witnesses (it would require a majority vote) calling ciramelli, Schiff's staff, vindman, and Schiff should be enough to expose the sham that has been going on. The Pub majority can determine the witnesses allowed to testify. Only allowing people with first hand knowledge will reveal the truth.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Just so long as Trump ends up convicted, that's all that matters, right?  Then why bother with Schifty?  Just get that bad orange man under oath, and we'll get 'im now.

I don't think there will be a trial, and that will help your purpose of replacing Trump in 2020, with a Democrat.

Trump wants to testify they should let him.  Are you worried that he cannot present himself in a professional manner?  Yeah, I didn't think so either.  I have said before that I didn't know if this is impeachable.  The reason for Schiff is because I don't believe him either.  This is a knock down drag out fight.  It isn't fitting for the U.S. government.  It costs the tax payer big time for Republicans and Democrats to duke it out.

No surprise  I don't like Trump.  I don't.  I think he will be the nail in the coffin of the Constitution.  Likewise the Democrats are doing their best also to destroy the Constitution.  Both of them because I think the country deserves to see what our government has become.  Self serving clown show.

And just like Trump went to the Ukraine to get political dirt and used it for politics the Dems are doing the same.  Using politics to gain power.  There isn't anything but half truths to any of it.  Its just two sides battling for power.  At the expense of the tax payer.  And while we are entertaining clowns nobody is paying attention to what the Trump family is doing.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 03:34:37 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Trump wants to testify they should let him.  Are you worried that he cannot present himself in a professional manner?  Yeah, I didn't think so either.  I have said before that I didn't know if this is impeachable.  The reason for Schiff is because I don't believe him either.  This is a knock down drag out fight.  It isn't fitting for the U.S. government.  It costs the tax payer big time for Republicans and Democrats to duke it out.

No surprise  I don't like Trump.  I don't.  I think he will be the nail in the coffin of the Constitution.  Likewise the Democrats are doing their best also to destroy the Constitution.  Both of them because I think the country deserves to see what our government has become.  Self serving clown show.

And just like Trump went to the Ukraine to get political dirt and used it for politics the Dems are doing the same.  Using politics to gain power.  There isn't anything but half truths to any of it.  Its just two sides battling for power.  At the expense of the tax payer.  And while we are entertaining clowns nobody is paying attention to what the Trump family is doing.

Well, it shows that you don't really get me, and that's Ok.  I don't fear Trump testifying, it's just a pointless effort to try for sound bites.  BFD.
I will NOT comply.

Offline bilo

Well, it shows that you don't really get me, and that's Ok. I don't fear Trump testifying, it's just a pointless effort to try for sound bites. BFD.

I don't want Trump testifying; First, it diminshes the Executive; Second,   It's too easy for a skillful litigator to trip up an honest witness who wants to be helpful. Any defense attorney will tell you the first thing they tell a defendant is don't say anything.

Offline verga

I don't want Trump testifying; First, it diminshes the Executive; Second,   It's too easy for a skillful litigator to trip up an honest witness who wants to be helpful. Any defense attorney will tell you the first thing they tell a defendant is don't say anything.
Right there.  :amen:
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline berdie

Well, it shows that you don't really get me, and that's Ok.  I don't fear Trump testifying, it's just a pointless effort to try for sound bites.  BFD.

I agree...no matter what the man would say it will be spun into negativity by the Dems and the press.