Author Topic: Al Green: Trump must be impeached as penance for slavery  (Read 354 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Al Green: Trump must be impeached as penance for slavery
« on: December 08, 2019, 07:29:49 pm »
Al Green: Trump must be impeached as penance for slavery
December 8, 2019 | Samantha Chang

Democratic Congressman Al Green suggested that President Trump must be impeached as punishment for America’s “original sin” of slavery. Keep in mind that Republicans ended slavery in the United States in 1865. Donald Trump wasn’t born until 1946.

“I do believe that we have to deal with the original sin. We have to deal with slavery,” Green said. “Slavery was the thing that put all of what President Trump has done lately into motion. The president has played on racism and he’s used that as a weapon to galvanize a base of support, to mobilize people.”

MSNBC host Alex Witt was stunned into silence by Green’s incoherent rant on her show Saturday. Green spouted the bizarre tirade in response to a question about dwindling Democratic support for impeachment.

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2019/12/08/al-green-trump-must-be-impeached-as-penance-for-slavery-861748
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

Re: Al Green: Trump must be impeached as penance for slavery
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2019, 07:41:25 pm »
This is satire, right?  There's no way a human could be this stupid.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2019, 09:49:30 pm »
Then he needs to go visit countries in Africa and make the demand to them.

They started the practice.  And it still thrives there.

We ended it.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2019, 09:52:36 pm »
Pretty soon we'll have to impeach him to keep Guam from tipping over.
The Republic is lost.

Offline berdie

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2019, 10:38:48 pm »
Then he needs to go visit countries in Africa and make the demand to them.

They started the practice.  And it still thrives there.

We ended it.

You beat me to the punch. Those are my thoughts exactly.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2019, 11:07:45 pm »

Sorry but no!  He definitely is this stupid and there are several others currently in the house who gives him great competition in the area of stupid. Sheila Jackson Lee and Hank Johnson are two that come immediately to mind.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2019, 11:14:20 pm »
Pretty soon we'll have to impeach him to keep Guam from tipping over.

Good ole Hank Johnson.  He is on a stupidity par with good ole Al. 

Sorry but no!  He definitely is this stupid and there are several others currently in the house who gives him great competition in the area of stupid. Sheila Jackson Lee and Hank Johnson are two that come immediately to mind.

It should hurt to be as stupid as those three,
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2019, 11:45:00 pm »
Good ole Hank Johnson.  He is on a stupidity par with good ole Al. 

It should hurt to be as stupid as those three,

:yowsa: And sadly they aren't the only ones!  Who is that idiot from Florida who wears the  rhinestone encrusted Cowboy hats @The Ghost
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2019, 11:51:09 pm »
:yowsa: And sadly they aren't the only ones!  Who is that idiot from Florida who wears the  rhinestone encrusted Cowboy hats @The Ghost

Oh shit, her....Not my rep but she is in our circus!   Freddie Wilson, she be ugly like  a baboon's ass.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2019, 01:09:37 am »

That truly is one of the least intelligible idiocies I've seen in the past several months of plenteous idiocies.

AFAIK without browsing W'pedia, one or both side of Donald Trump's family were not living in the US until after slavery was ended in the US. I'm not even sure the Trump side came to the US before 1900. Donald Trump and his family had zip, zero, and nada to do with slavery in the US, AFAIK. As for the Trump Administration, it's been the best time economically for blacks in the US for years or decades. How is that racism?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.