Author Topic: Trump: Fox News 'panders' to Democrats by having on liberal guests  (Read 1292 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump: Fox News 'panders' to Democrats by having on liberal guests
By Justin Wise - 12/08/19 03:17 PM EST

President Trump on Sunday renewed his criticism of Fox News, claiming that the network was pandering to the Democratic Party by repeatedly hosting liberal lawmakers to discuss the impeachment inquiry.

"Don’t get why @FoxNews puts losers on like [Rep. Eric Swalwell (D-Calif)] (who got ZERO as presidential candidate before quitting), Pramila Jayapal, David Cicilline and others who are Radical Left Haters," Trump said on Twitter just hours after Fox News anchor Chris Wallace hosted Cicilline on "Fox News Sunday."

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/473591-trump-claims-fox-news-panders-to-democrats-by-having-liberal-guests
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Re: Trump: Fox News 'panders' to Democrats by having on liberal guests
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2019, 01:43:23 am »
Many people I know with a conservative mindset no longer watch Fox News.  They got tired of all the talking idiot liberal whack jobs on Fox.

I watch One America News Network OAN instead of Fox.  The Tipping Point, on at 9PM, M-F. is one of the best news magazine programs on with Liz Wheeler.  She is sharp as a tac.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2019, 01:57:30 am »
I very rarely watch TV period. I tune into Beck for about a half hour or so a couple time a week and once in a while a few minutes of Limbaugh.  I view the FOX News webpage, that's about it.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2019, 08:02:29 am »
Fox used to hold itself out as "fair and balanced," and with that the network has always presented both conservative and liberal viewpoints.  So of course, Fox will have guests from "the other side" with regard to the impeachment.  Trump acts like this is something new.  It isn't. 

And contrary to what he might think, Fox is not "his" network.  Maybe his buddies like Putin and Kim have absolute control over the media in their countries.  But here in the US, the media is separate from the government.  Or it's supposed to be.  I'm sure freedom of the press gives Trump great pains, but that's the way it is. 

Actually, I have no stake in this matter.  I quit watching Fox and all the other talking heads networks when I gave up my expensive cable package for a cheap basic package that does not include these networks.  And honestly, I'm happier as a result.  Watching a bunch of nattering nabobs carry on about the issues and try to tell me what to think just gave me way too much stress.  I don't need that.  I'll formulate my own opinions, thank you.

Offline LottieDah

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2019, 10:24:43 am »
 Fox was slowly going down hill when Britt Hume was no long on regularly.  It just wasn't the same.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2019, 03:07:50 pm »
That orange skin must be really thin. I think Trump would have better things to worry about rather than liberal guests on FOX. This makes him sound like some sort of tinpot dictator.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2019, 06:54:39 pm »
I very rarely watch TV period.
-----------------------------
Good for you.
Tee-vee is a garbage invention Mankind would have been infinitely better off w/o
as it's vehicle of control in the form of propaganda or a blocker of reflection/thought.
Anyone disputing, should read Eric Blair (George Orwell).
« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 06:56:19 pm by Absalom »

Offline Applewood

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2019, 08:31:29 pm »
-----------------------------
Good for you.
Tee-vee is a garbage invention Mankind would have been infinitely better off w/o
as it's vehicle of control in the form of propaganda or a blocker of reflection/thought.
Anyone disputing, should read Eric Blair (George Orwell).

I'm old enough to remember when tv was good.  For most of us working class types, it was a great way to see quality productions of plays most of us who live outside of New York would never have been able to see.  Some of you might not have been around when Playhouse 90 and other theatrical series were on.  Those were mighty good. 

Other series -- westerns in particular -- were great entertainment.  Then there were comedies, variety shows, sports.  There was always something on worth watching

And we had tv news -- Huntley-Brinkley, Cronkite -- back in the old days, news people delivered the news and you could trust them to be accurate and unbiased. 

Now, everything on tv is [expletive].  Shows are all PC and SJW.  Comedies aren't funny.  And news is just propaganda.  Everything on tv comes with an agenda. 

If I watch any tv, it's an old show or something I can stream. Just watched an old episode of Bonanza.  That show wouldn't be on today's tv because it wasn't PC.  But that was good tv.  Simple stories with some lessons in ethics and morals.  But not preaching.  People don't want tv that preaches to them.  They want entertainment.  Bonanza entertained.  Still does today.  TV shows out now will be forgotten in a few years.  Shows like Bonanza are timeless.

Offline berdie

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2019, 10:14:45 pm »
I'm old enough to remember when tv was good.  For most of us working class types, it was a great way to see quality productions of plays most of us who live outside of New York would never have been able to see.  Some of you might not have been around when Playhouse 90 and other theatrical series were on.  Those were mighty good. 

Other series -- westerns in particular -- were great entertainment.  Then there were comedies, variety shows, sports.  There was always something on worth watching

And we had tv news -- Huntley-Brinkley, Cronkite -- back in the old days, news people delivered the news and you could trust them to be accurate and unbiased. 

Now, everything on tv is [expletive].  Shows are all PC and SJW.  Comedies aren't funny.  And news is just propaganda.  Everything on tv comes with an agenda. 

If I watch any tv, it's an old show or something I can stream. Just watched an old episode of Bonanza.  That show wouldn't be on today's tv because it wasn't PC.  But that was good tv.  Simple stories with some lessons in ethics and morals.  But not preaching.  People don't want tv that preaches to them.  They want entertainment.  Bonanza entertained.  Still does today.  TV shows out now will be forgotten in a few years.  Shows like Bonanza are timeless.

Absolutely, @Applewood . When I watch tv or movies...they are the old good ones. Otherwise, not so much.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2019, 10:33:47 pm »
Fox has changed.
Drudge has changed.
Even the Washington Times web site has changed since the death of Wes Pruden.
It all has changed, and not for the better.

Applewood wrote:
"I'm old enough to remember when tv was good.  For most of us working class types, it was a great way to see quality productions of plays most of us who live outside of New York would never have been able to see."

I started watching "Death Valley Days" -- from the first episodes -- on YouTube.
A reflection of "how the tv used to be".

You can start here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m70yWelM3WE&list=PLUcYSM7zTPXSuzDWgiUQf9d1xNO_lrnWs&index=1

Offline Applewood

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2019, 02:01:15 pm »
@Fishrrman

Death Valley Days has an interesting history.  Some people might remember Ronald Reagan as host, but there were several over the years, including the first host who called himself the Old Ranger.  Some of the hosts also acted in certain episodes.  This was one of the early shows that actually started on radio.  It was not a network show, but actually syndicated by the US Borax Company, the makers of Borateam (laundry bleach) and Boraxo (powdered soap for really dirty hands), among other things. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_Valley_Days

Offline kidd

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2019, 02:14:13 pm »
But other sources are available

Fox has changed. => Agreed. Watch OANN (One America News Network). It is better than Fox News ever was
Drudge has changed. => Bongino has a new website. Looks promising
Even the Washington Times => The NY Post has moved past its old tabloid type reporting. It is getting better

Offline skeeter

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2019, 02:19:39 pm »
But other sources are available

OANN is doing some great original reporting on the Ukraine issue. Of course its being ignored by the MSM but its all on the record now.

Online AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2019, 09:24:56 pm »
I truly hate when Trump bellyaches about this. He doesn't appear to have completely grasped the concept of the media's job. I don't blame him for being jaded since 95% of the news providers (TV and print) have thrown off all pretense of objectivity and have become agenda driven. He's attacked day and night, and everyone knows that this impeachment crap could never have happened without the cooperation of the media whores.

I'm wary of any news source that presents only one side. Don't think it's not irksome to have to listen to nasty, snarky, lying, anti-American leftists spew their lies on FNC. But they have a right to spew their lies, and the hosts on both the journalistic side (now that Shep's gone) and the opinion side give them resistance that they won't find at FNC's cable competitors. It's a big part of the reason why FOX has difficulty booking lefties. Dems are 'nadless when they meet journalistic resistance. Either that or they go bat-sh*t crazy when confronted, e.g., Pelosi when asked if she hates Trump.

I really wish Trump would grow up about this. I plan to vote for him in 2020 (didn't in 2016), but I have to admit that his petulance in such things is an embarrassment. BTW, I'm fine with his taking on CNN/MSNBC since they're wall-to-wall anti-Trump. But FOX isn't, so he should quit whining and focus on bigger things. Having Swalwell appear on FNC isn't going amount to a hill of beans regarding Trump's agenda or the 2020 election.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2019, 09:50:13 pm »
I truly hate when Trump bellyaches about this. He doesn't appear to have completely grasped the concept of the media's job. I don't blame him for being jaded since 95% of the news providers (TV and print) have thrown off all pretense of objectivity and have become agenda driven. He's attacked day and night, and everyone knows that this impeachment crap could never have happened without the cooperation of the media whores.

I'm wary of any news source that presents only one side. Don't think it's not irksome to have to listen to nasty, snarky, lying, anti-American leftists spew their lies on FNC. But they have a right to spew their lies, and the hosts on both the journalistic side (now that Shep's gone) and the opinion side give them resistance that they won't find at FNC's cable competitors. It's a big part of the reason why FOX has difficulty booking lefties. Dems are 'nadless when they meet journalistic resistance. Either that or they go bat-sh*t crazy when confronted, e.g., Pelosi when asked if she hates Trump.

I really wish Trump would grow up about this. I plan to vote for him in 2020 (didn't in 2016), but I have to admit that his petulance in such things is an embarrassment. BTW, I'm fine with his taking on CNN/MSNBC since they're wall-to-wall anti-Trump. But FOX isn't, so he should quit whining and focus on bigger things. Having Swalwell appear on FNC isn't going amount to a hill of beans regarding Trump's agenda or the 2020 election.

QFT.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online AllThatJazzZ

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2019, 07:09:59 pm »
@txradioguy

I'm not sure what that means.  :shrug:

QFT = Quote for truth.  A way of saying that you put something so perfectly that nothing can be added to it.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2019, 07:17:04 pm »
I'm wary of any news source that presents only one side.

That's right... Because 'our' propaganda is no different than theirs... And I too truly hate it as one of the truly awful parts of this new populism... "Well, they do it, so why can't we?" ... such is an argument bereft of sense. All it does is lower the bar, and true journalism is brought to extinction.

Online AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2019, 07:40:41 pm »
QFT = Quote for truth.  A way of saying that you put something so perfectly that nothing can be added to it.

@txradioguy

Great! Thanks. I won't lie...the "F" made me a little nervous.  :pondering:  :laugh:

That's right... Because 'our' propaganda is no different than theirs... And I too truly hate it as one of the truly awful parts of this new populism... "Well, they do it, so why can't we?" ... such is an argument bereft of sense. All it does is lower the bar, and true journalism is brought to extinction.

@roamer_1

Well said. "Our side" needs to realize that we can't whine about giving a voice those who disagree with us and then complain about safe zones on college campii without looking like hypocrites. Most of us were kicked off of or left a sight where we weren't allowed to disagree. Yet some who no longer participate there are ready to silence certain voices on a cable station that gives conservatives a much bigger voice than any other in history. Please, fellow conservatives, let's not do the snowflake thing.