Author Topic: The Myth of White Privilege  (Read 214 times)

rangerrebew

The Myth of White Privilege
« on: December 08, 2019, 04:46:27 pm »
The Myth of White Privilege

By Rita Dunaway Published on December 6, 2019 •
Rita Dunaway

Imagine a middle school in suburban Illinois. Imagine that a school official has the opportunity to take ten students to a private meeting with Housing and Urban Development Secretary Ben Carson. Now imagine that the school official decides to limit that opportunity to students who are black.

His intentions are good. After all, this demographic is statistically “high-risk” in his community. He wants to provide them with the kind of inspiration that might just change the course of their lives. Since Secretary Carson is black, these students’ eyes will be opened to the possibilities that lie before them.

https://stream.org/the-myth-of-white-privilege/

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: The Myth of White Privilege
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2019, 08:45:05 pm »
I remember White privilege when I was in college, to fill one of my requirements I had to take the only open course left, American Indian Studies. I and the other White males, for some reason White girls didn't get the same treatment, were subjected to pointed ridicule and guilted for things none of us had anything to do with. I took that cr-p for about three weeks when I informed the professor I was withdrawing, she asked me why and I told her exactly why.............she actualluy expected me to buy her surprised act.
<p>
Nope never felt I received any White privilege nor my children, though I did receive a lot of abuse from my 'peers' over my name and Hungarian heritage when I was little. then again  a lot of us White kids had the privilege of physical and verbal abuse from the Hispanics and Blacks as the 'All American' city of Lynwood California's demographic s changed.