Author Topic: 39 of the most controversial and shocking events from the past decade that we're still talking about  (Read 640 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I wouldn't think the decade ends until 2020 but this article seems to say 2019, so without further introduction, 39 is a big number, how'd they come up with this? Anyway, excerpts <---- By the way, it looks like the list starts with 2011, so, looks like we're still good for next year as being part of this decade.:

39 of the most controversial and shocking events from the past decade that we're still talking about today
Kelly McLaughlin   Dec 4, 2019, 8:16 AM

2011: Anthony Weiner accidentally posted a photo of his crotch on Twitter, launching the first of many social media-fueled scandals he would face.

2011: Former US Senator John Edwards was accused of spending nearly $1 million to keep his mistress in hiding during his 2008 presidential campaign.

2011: Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries got married. Then they got divorced 72 days later.

2011: Rupert Murdoch's News of the World tabloid was closed after 168-years following phone-hacking allegations.

2011: Former Penn State defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky was accused of molesting young boys.

Read more at: https://www.businessinsider.com/controversial-events-of-the-decade-2010-to-2019-2019-11#2011-rupert-murdochs-news-of-the-world-tabloid-was-closed-after-168-years-following-phone-hacking-allegations-4

This is just flipping scandal, sort of a bs article but perhaps still of interest to some.

2019, ": Khloe Kardashian's boyfriend, Tristan Thompson, cheated on her with Kylie Jenner's best friend, Jordyn Woods.", I mean, really, who cares about something about this except the real big fans... sheesh.  Dumb article for the most part, I can see where some of this really raised eyebrows. Maybe the list needs to be shorter.