Author Topic: Here are the Senate Republicans who could vote to convict Trump  (Read 1148 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Here are the Senate Republicans who could vote to convict Trump
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2019, 04:11:44 am »
??? Whoa!  You're entitled to your opinion, but I live in FL and he's been a disappointing Senator.  I have reason not to like him.

And your border still hasn't had anything done??  Sorry, not making any sense @TomSea

Then practice what you preach, you have posted a number of Ted Cruz threads. You don't live in his state.  So, it's no problem when you do it? Huh?  @libertybele and don't go minding my business.

Rubio has represented the Cubans well, he has done a lot.

Rubio was reelected.   Rubio has legislated against China, These are national senators. Everyone comments on other Senators. 

Rubio won by over 700,000 votes in 2016, so you may live there and  you may not like him but it looks like you are in the minority of Floridians. Understand that?    https://miamiherald.typepad.com/nakedpolitics/2016/11/rubios-margin-of-victory-716833-votes.html
8 percentage point win.

Rick Scott over Bill Nelson,  barely won. about 10,000 votes.
https://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/florida-senate

Sorry, if you are going to put out smears, people have a right to respond.

Rubio won by over 700,000 votes in 2016, you are outnumbered.  Yeah, maybe one wouldn't want to vote Democrat, whatever.

Cruz and Trump both like Rubio well enough, sorry, their opinion counts too. @LibertyBelle

« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 04:13:42 am by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2019, 04:12:47 am »
And if the Democrats ever get back all 3 branches of government, there's a possibility, they'd really make illegals citizens, so much for the gang of 8 argument which Trump offered the Democrats if they would help build the wall.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2019, 04:16:42 am »
   As I've said all along @TomSea screw the walls and all this political theatre (red meat)  REMOVE THE INCENTIVES and they will stop coming.  They aren't stupid people (as a whole).
   Cruz or Rubio, for that matter, do not have the authority to do that, it's up to Trump, Barr, McConnell and pelousi and in 3 years some would say the problem has only been exacerbated and there all pointing their fingers at each other.

That may be so. I don't know why they don't do that. Yeah, I'm not a big wall person myself. Some parts of the border, sure.... but enforcement, security is more important.  And deportation, sometimes, one hears on the news, "Obama deported more illegal aliens" and things like that. Just saying.

Now, Mexico is helping out quite a bit with their national guard. I also don't care to see illegal aliens preyed on by the cartels who make a bundle smuggling.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2019, 04:20:56 am »
Then practice what you preach, you have posted a number of Ted Cruz threads. You don't live in his state.  So, it's no problem when you do it? Huh?  @libertybele and don't go minding my business.

Rubio has represented the Cubans well, he has done a lot.

Rubio was reelected.   Rubio has legislated against China, These are national senators. Everyone comments on other Senators. 

Rubio won by over 700,000 votes in 2016, so you may live there and  you may not like him but it looks like you are in the minority of Floridians. Understand that?    https://miamiherald.typepad.com/nakedpolitics/2016/11/rubios-margin-of-victory-716833-votes.html
8 percentage point win.

Rick Scott over Bill Nelson,  barely won. about 10,000 votes.
https://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/florida-senate

Sorry, if you are going to put out smears, people have a right to respond.

Rubio won by over 700,000 votes in 2016, you are outnumbered.  Yeah, maybe one wouldn't want to vote Democrat, whatever.

Cruz and Trump both like Rubio well enough, sorry, their opinion counts too. @LibertyBelle

??????

The topic is " Here are the Senate Republicans who could vote to convict Trump"
« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 04:22:26 am by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2019, 04:51:25 am »
   As I've said all along @TomSea screw the walls and all this political theatre (red meat) 
REMOVE THE INCENTIVES and they will stop coming.

↑  ↑  ↑  ↑  ↑  ↑
     T  H  I  S

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline TomSea

« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2019, 04:53:28 am »
I will just hope Rubio votes his conscience, sounds like a winner to me.

By the way, China stealing American technology, foreign policy on China. Rubio is on top of all of this. If you don't like what he's doing, we might miss out on this, China grows in stature, so he is fighting them strongly.  The bills have been supported. He's done well, I don't know if he's presidential material, I have serious questions on that but being a Senator is different than being the President at that. If Cruz is qualified, that's who I would support, I wish he were in there now with some decisions by the Trump administration. But I'm not just going to pointlessly trash people like some do or be a hypocrite.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2019, 06:55:46 am »
@libertybele

Let's not forget who was against Trump,  telling us how great the Constitution Party was in 2016, if one wants to talk about not supporting Trump, guess what? You can't make this stuff up.  Ring any bells?

Rubio is as pro-life as they get,  Opens up twitter with a Bible verse every day,
https://twitter.com/marcorubio

Won his Senate seat in reelection by 716,000 votes, 8 percentage points,  while Rick Scott looks like he won his by 10,000. I guess, that must have been a percent or more to avoid a runoff. I don't know all that happened in that.  You're welcome to your own opinion, but not your own facts.

Marco Rubio
@marcorubio
·
Dec 3
The spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him:a spirit of wisdom and of understanding, A spirit of counsel and of strength,a spirit of knowledge and of fear of the LORD

Isaiah 11:2

https://twitter.com/marcorubio/status/1201836647383478272

Er, vote for the Constitution party, that's loyalty.

People from there.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 11:25:52 am by TomSea »