Author Topic: House approves two-state resolution in implicit rebuke of Trump  (Read 417 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
House approves two-state resolution in implicit rebuke of Trump
« on: December 06, 2019, 06:51:53 pm »
House approves two-state resolution in implicit rebuke of Trump
By Laura Kelly - 12/06/19 01:30 PM EST

The House on Friday approved a resolution supporting a two-state solution to the Israeli and Palestinian conflict, recording opposition to any peace plan put forth by the Trump administration that doesn’t expressly call for an independent Palestinian state living side-by-side with a Jewish state of Israel.

Only 5 Republicans backed the measure in the 226-183 vote, though 11 GOP lawmakers had joined a bipartisan amendment reaffirming U.S. commitments to providing military aid to Israel that was added to the bill.

The resolution follows criticism by Democrats of several moves by the Trump administration that they said endangered a two-state solution, including moving the U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem, recognizing Israel’s sovereignty over the Golan Heights and cutting the majority of U.S. aid to the Palestinians.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/international/473398-house-approves-two-state-resolution-in-implicit-rebuke-of-trump
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: House approves two-state resolution in implicit rebuke of Trump
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2019, 08:56:35 pm »
Will never pass in the Senate.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2019, 09:00:28 pm »
At this point in time, I no longer give a rat's patootie what the house does.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2019, 09:20:22 pm »
Even if it passed the Senate it wouldn't do much good since the Palestinians don't want a two state solution.  They want Israel wiped off of the face of the earth.

Offline bilo

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2019, 10:35:44 pm »
At this point in time, I no longer give a rat's patootie what the house does.

Let me join you in that sentiment.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2019, 12:03:18 am »
How is this a rebuke of the President, implicit or otherwise?  There is no Trump peace plan.  The administration is waiting for a stable Israeli government before presenting its proposal.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2019, 12:54:11 am »
The House on Friday approved a resolution supporting a two-state solution to the Israeli and Palestinian conflict  .  .  .

Good luck with that.  Any plan that does not involve driving all the Jews into the sea is a non-starter with the Palestinians.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2019, 01:23:28 am »
Bigun wrote:
"At this point in time, I no longer give a rat's patootie what the house does."

Agreed.
Nothing good can come from the House of Representatives before January 1, 2021.
And just about everything that does come from it... till then... should be ignored.