Author Topic: Biden says donors could be tapped for ambassadorships  (Read 266 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden says donors could be tapped for ambassadorships
« on: December 07, 2019, 03:19:24 pm »
Biden says donors could be tapped for ambassadorships
By Marty Johnson - 12/07/19 09:02 AM EST

Former Vice President Joe Biden on Friday declined to rule out appointing campaign donors to ambassadorships or other posts if he wins the 2020 presidential election, but said he would pick the "best people" for the jobs.

"I'm going to appoint the best people possible," the White House hopeful told reporters on his Iowa "No Malarkey" bus tour, according to The Associated Press. “Nobody in fact will be appointed by me based on anything they contributed."

"But, for example, you have some of the people who are out there that are prepared to in fact, that are fully qualified – head of everything from being the ambassador to NATO to be the ambassador to France or any other country – who may or may not have contributed, but that will not be any basis upon which I in fact would appoint anybody.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/473502-biden-says-donors-could-be-tapped-for-ambassadorships
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Biden says donors could be tapped for ambassadorships
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2019, 03:20:05 pm »
Hmmm...isn't this a quid pro quo?...just asking.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2019, 03:26:15 pm »
Old Fashioned patronage in full display.

If Joe goes through with this as stated, few minorities would qualify so he will be selecting the old white club.

Wonder how that will play out?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2019, 06:30:00 pm »
This is new?!? *****rollingeyes*****
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2019, 06:53:36 pm »
Pay for play.....  and no shame in admitting it.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2019, 06:54:41 pm »
This must be how Marie Yovanovitch got her job.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-