Author Topic: Republican Tom Graves announces retirement from House  (Read 204 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Republican Tom Graves announces retirement from House
« on: December 05, 2019, 05:35:25 pm »
By Juliegrace Brufke - 12/05/19 12:27 PM EST

Rep. Tom Graves (R-Ga.) announced Thursday he will not seek re-election next year.

Graves, 49, said that after some reflection he decided it was time to “pass the baton,” but he will serve out the rest of his term.

“As we all do, I'm entering a new season in life. An exciting season. So, the time has come for me to pass the baton. Now it's my turn to cheer, support and sacrifice for those who have done the same for me over the last two decades,” he said in a statement.

“With Julie near retirement and my kids now suddenly adults, I have decided not to seek reelection in 2020, and instead, join my family in their new and unique journeys.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/473214-rep-tom-graves-announces-retirement
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Night Hides Not

Re: Republican Tom Graves announces retirement from House
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2019, 12:00:15 am »
By Juliegrace Brufke - 12/05/19 12:27 PM EST

Rep. Tom Graves (R-Ga.) announced Thursday he will not seek re-election next year.

Graves, 49, said that after some reflection he decided it was time to “pass the baton,” but he will serve out the rest of his term.

“As we all do, I'm entering a new season in life. An exciting season. So, the time has come for me to pass the baton. Now it's my turn to cheer, support and sacrifice for those who have done the same for me over the last two decades,” he said in a statement.

“With Julie near retirement and my kids now suddenly adults, I have decided not to seek reelection in 2020, and instead, join my family in their new and unique journeys.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/473214-rep-tom-graves-announces-retirement

Pure drivel...what, his kids went from toddlers to adulthood? My son just got married, and I'm ready to welcome my granddaughter in July...that's "new" for us, but it's certainly not "unique".

SOB just doesn't like being in the minority. That's what happened to all those Texas congress critters who already bailed.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.