Author Topic: Biden says he won't testify in impeachment proceedings  (Read 391 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden says he won't testify in impeachment proceedings
« on: December 05, 2019, 01:11:06 am »
Biden says he won't testify in impeachment proceedings
by Emily Larsen
 | December 04, 2019 06:27 PM

IOWA FALLS, Iowa — Joe Biden said that he will not testify in impeachment proceedings against President Trump, a rebuke to Republican lawmakers who say that they want to hear from him.

“No, I’m not going to let them take their eye off the ball,” Biden said Wednesday when asked if he would appear voluntarily. "The president is the one who has committed impeachable crimes. I'm not going to let him diverge from that. I'm not going to let anyone diverge from that."

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/biden-says-he-wont-testify-in-impeachment-proceedings
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Biden says he won't testify in impeachment proceedings
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2019, 05:27:55 pm »
You can bet money the DNC  has nightmares at the very thought of Slow Joe testifying on tv. No way in hell is the DNC going to let him get within 100 years of the impeachment hearings. They would probably have him detained if he did show up,even if it was just to watch.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2019, 05:34:00 pm »
Since attempting to subordinate foreign policy for 'personal political gain', meaning going after Slo Joe, is at the heart of the rats' case I wonder how they will justify not allowing the defense to question him.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2019, 05:39:06 pm »
The "Candidate for President" get-out-of-jail-free card doesn't apply to Hunter.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2019, 05:43:41 pm »
The "Democrat Candidate for President" get-out-of-jail-free card doesn't apply to Hunter.

Minor edit, as Trump's a candidate too but was dealt the get-impeached-for-nothing card.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 05:46:54 pm by skeeter »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2019, 06:29:41 pm »
If Quid Pro Joe is subpoenaed, he has to show up.  Joe's a private citizen --- nothing more, nothing less.

But in the meantime, to give credence to the Demonrat claim the President sought to injure a 2020 challenger, they have to keep Joe and his verbal fart droppings in the race   88devil

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2019, 11:00:11 pm »
How is that a "rebuke"? There's no reason not to subpoena him and if he refuses to appear it's yet more strong evidence that the whole case is bogus, and if it goes to court it could drag out the process which again redounds to Trump's benefit. It makes me wonder if dems are thinking this through or it's all just an emotional temper tantrum.
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2019, 11:03:40 pm »
Trump says he won't testify.  Democrats immediately accuse him of obstructing justice and declaring his refusal to be an impeachable offense.

Biden says he won't testify .  .  .  .  .  .  .
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2019, 11:51:11 pm »
Since attempting to subordinate foreign policy for 'personal political gain', meaning going after Slo Joe, is at the heart of the rats' case I wonder how they will justify not allowing the defense to question him.

@skeeter

I may be wrong,but I think even US Senators have to respond to  subpoenas.  No,he can NOT be forced to testify against his will,but it would be a REAL hoot to see and hear sitting there pleading the 5th Amendment so he doesn't have to give testimony that might convict him

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2019, 11:54:59 pm »
@skeeter

I may be wrong,but I think even US Senators have to respond to  subpoenas.  No,he can NOT be forced to testify against his will,but it would be a REAL hoot to see and hear sitting there pleading the 5th Amendment so he doesn't have to give testimony that might convict him

@sneakypete

Unfortunately, that would require some guts on the part of McConnell to play that kind of hardball.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2019, 11:55:31 pm »
How is that a "rebuke"? There's no reason not to subpoena him and if he refuses to appear it's yet more strong evidence that the whole case is bogus, and if it goes to court it could drag out the process which again redounds to Trump's benefit. It makes me wonder if dems are thinking this through or it's all just an emotional temper tantrum.

@Snarknado

I honestly think they are so used to just steamrolling right over the Republicans that to this very day they still haven't truly realized that Trump is NOT going to roll over and play dead,and is in FACT going to go after them.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2019, 11:56:57 pm »
Trump says he won't testify.  Democrats immediately accuse him of obstructing justice and declaring his refusal to be an impeachable offense.

Biden says he won't testify .  .  .  .  .  .  .

@Hoodat

And the entire DNC breathes a deep sigh of relief.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2019, 12:06:03 am »
Don't tell him he is going to go testify. Tell him he is going to the petting zoo.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2019, 12:10:17 am »
@Snarknado

I honestly think they are so used to just steamrolling right over the Republicans that to this very day they still haven't truly realized that Trump is NOT going to roll over and play dead,and is in FACT going to go after them.

@sneakypete

It's not up to Trump.
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2019, 12:34:35 am »
@sneakypete

It's not up to Trump.

@Cyber Liberty

Well,yeah,it is. Who else is responsible for defending him if they keep after  him? Do you REALLY think he's not going to fight back?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2019, 12:40:15 am »
@Cyber Liberty

Well,yeah,it is. Who else is responsible for defending him if they keep after  him? Do you REALLY think he's not going to fight back?

@sneakypete 

No, I think Chinless McConnell is going to head off the Trial so Trump won't get a chance to "fight back."  He will be Impeached and not Proven Innocent.  We'll be reminded this isn't a "court of law," so he doesn't get a presumption of innocence.

It's not up to Trump if McConnell wants to move for a dismissal.  I hope there are enough Senators to tell him to bleep off and move to the Trial.
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2019, 12:45:46 am »
@sneakypete 

No, I think Chinless McConnell is going to head off the Trial so Trump won't get a chance to "fight back."  He will be Impeached and not Proven Innocent.  We'll be reminded this isn't a "court of law," so he doesn't get a presumption of innocence.

I don't think that is going to happen because the Dims are foaming at the mouth mad,and that won't be enough for them.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2019, 12:50:14 am »
I don't think that is going to happen because the Dims are foaming at the mouth mad,and that won't be enough for them.

I'm rooting for the Dims on this. You too, I'll wager.  I want the President to have his "day in court," and McConnell decidedly does not, screaming Democrats be damned.
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2019, 12:52:20 am »
I'm rooting for the Dims on this. You too, I'll wager. 

@Cyber Liberty

You betcha!

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2019, 01:08:24 am »
Don't tell him he is going to go testify. Tell him he is going to the petting zoo.

Ha ha - and there's a roomful of 9 yo girls dying to hear more Corn Pop stories...
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA