Author Topic: The GOP has transformed for Trump, and I must admit I like it  (Read 130 times)

Offline corbe

The GOP has transformed for Trump, and I must admit I like it
« on: December 03, 2019, 05:18:35 pm »
The GOP has transformed for Trump, and I must admit I like it

Published 6 hours ago on December 3, 2019   

By CQ Livingston ï‚™

The GOP has transformed for Trump and I must admit I like it   

Full disclosure: I’m a former NeverTrump conservative. I wasn’t so unhinged that I opposed him and voted for Hillary Clinton in 2016, but through the GOP nomination process and onward to the general election, I believed he would do three things: Lose to Clinton, backtrack on his promises if he won, and work closely with Democrats to get things done. I was wrong on all three counts, and I consider it a blessing that I was. He has impressed me throughout, and while I still disagree with his style and policies from time to time, I’ve been a MAGA-hat wearing supporter for over two years.

There was something that concerned me a couple of months into his first term. I noticed stalwart conservatives like Senator Ted Cruz and Representative Jim Jordan bending to his will. At first, I thought it was just politics and that they would maintain their conservative credentials with their votes, which they have. But I also noticed something that pleased me at the same time. Moderates were starting to echo his sentiment. His power over the GOP manifested in a move towards populism that had a more positive effect on the center than any detrimental effects on the conservative wing of the party.

Yesterday, the House Republicans released a report to the public that detailed why and how the Democrats had failed to make a case for impeachment. CNN and other progressive mainstream media outlets pounced on it, pointing out how the President’s style of proving his points were noticeable throughout the document. It was true. And it was a good thing. This is what the left and the media fail to comprehend: President Trump’s style, while misunderstood by beltway dwellers, is exactly what the American people want.

<..snip..>

https://noqreport.com/2019/12/03/gop-transformed-trump-must-admit-like/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.