Author Topic: Trump campaign says it won't grant press credentials to Bloomberg reporters  (Read 354 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump campaign says it won't grant press credentials to Bloomberg reporters
By Max Greenwood - 12/02/19 12:43 PM EST

President Trump’s reelection campaign will no longer grant media credentials for rallies and other campaign events to Bloomberg News journalists.

The policy, announced on Monday by Trump campaign manager Brad Parscale, came more than a week after the top editor at Bloomberg News told editorial and research staff that the company would not conduct in-depth investigations of Michael Bloomberg or his rivals for the Democratic presidential nomination.

By refraining from such investigative reporting, Bloomberg News had all but formalized “preferential reporting policies.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/472610-trump-campaign-says-it-wont-grant-press-credentials-to-bloomberg-reporters
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

By refusing to "investigate" Bloomberg or any Dem candidate, Bloomberg Skews either made a possibly illegal in-kind political contribution or declared itself a partisan political organization. I'm sure the MSM will toss about lots of fauxny "First Amendment" howlings, but partisan acts have partisan consequences. The Trump Campaign do not owe press credentials to anyone (nor the Biden Campaign ... nor ...).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
With Bloomy 'investigating' candidacy, it makes no sense to pipeline info into the opposition headquarters.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I'm sure the press will spin this into Trump being a fascist, but it is the most reasonable response to Bloomberg's public confession that it will engage in biased reporting.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I'm sure the press will spin this into Trump being a fascist, but it is the most reasonable response to Bloomberg's public confession that it will engage in biased reporting.
Who needs Bloomberg's people aching to sop up every leak and squeeze it out for their boss?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
The President would not allow members of his cabinet or its departments to investigate him, right? Such a move would be insubordination. So the rationale is kind of stupid.

But as long as Bloomberg is writing the paychecks, his media outlets are tied to him. On the whole, it's the right decision to deny press access to a company closely held by a rival political candidate.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
This is one of those articles where merely reading the title brings a big smile to my face...  ;)