Author Topic: Horrible! Georgia GOP Governor To Pick Romney Donor and Planned Parenthood Advocate For Vacant Senat  (Read 1319 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
The crux of this is that the presumptive appointee donated money to...a Super PAC supporting Mitt Romney's 2012 general election campaign. Not even the primary... a GENERAL election, as in, the one we had one chance to stop Obama with, and didn't.

Here's Gateway Pundit's (secondhand) source:
https://bigleaguepolitics.com/betrayal-democrat-party-donor-will-be-appointed-to-senate-by-georgia-governor-over-trump-favorite/
Ironic how a site run by open homosexual Jim Hoft seems to have no problem carrying water for a site that calls women's basketball players "lesbianic thugs." They're attacking her for owning a WNBA team and using THEIR sins against her personally. This is hilarious.

If you want to criticize her for doing what most rich people do and bribing politicians of both political parties for favors, you'd be perfectly justified in doing so, but remember—Donald Trump himself regularly did the same thing in New York.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 12:52:40 am by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline mrclose

‘A Country Club Republican’: Conservatives Sound the Alarm over Kelly Loeffler’s Potential Senate Appointment, Ties to Planned Parenthood, Stacey Abrams

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/11/22/a-country-club-republican-conservatives-sound-the-alarm-over-kelly-loefflers-potential-senate-appointment-ties-to-planned-parenthood-stacey-abrams/
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline Hoodat

I don't know her actual positions on any issues.  By her donor lookup, it appears that she is trying to buy the seat (with lots of donations to the Georgia GOP).  The list of candidates she has supported is quite interesting with an emphasis on women candidates.  She is supporting Lynne Homrich to fill Rob Woodall's seat.  She supported Barbara Comstock in Virginia, Martha McSally in Arizona, Elise Stefanik in New York, Terri Lynn Land in Michigan, and Monica Wehby in Oregon.

Major strikes against her for donations to Christopher Dodd (2009) and Debbie Stabenow (2011) plus several other Democrats in 2008 and before.  This shouldn't be an issue for Trump supporters who defended Trump for doing the same thing.  But it does not sit well at all with me.  Another politician-wannabe who is more interested in joining the game rather than re-writing it.  Would much rather have Collins or Cain.  But at this point, anybody is better than Isakson.

https://www.opensecrets.org/donor-lookup/results?name=Kelly+Loeffler&order=desc&page=3&sort=D
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Critical thought clearly is not your strong suit.   

@Hoodat

I am ASSUMING that hissy-fit was directed at me,even though you didn't ping anyone to it.

Soooo,let me explain to you that even with chemo-brain,I am STILL smart enough to not vote for a loser nobody but his mama knows for President,and think I did something "smart".
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline kevindavis007

I'm old enough to remember when conservatives supported federalism.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
But the part of the story that makes least sense of all is that Trump would be pushing for a true Conservative like Doug Collins to replace an establishment sellout like Isakson.

Seriously?  Collins is one of Trump's strongest defenders in Congress, and you find that it makes the "least sense" for Trump to be pushing for him?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 06:07:18 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
The crux of this is that the presumptive appointee donated money to...a Super PAC supporting Mitt Romney's 2012 general election campaign. Not even the primary... a GENERAL election, as in, the one we had one chance to stop Obama with, and didn't.

@jmyrlefuller

That's a good thing to know given all the criticism.  Thanks for posting it.