Author Topic: Will There Really Be a 2020 Landslide for Trump?  (Read 189 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Will There Really Be a 2020 Landslide for Trump?
« on: December 01, 2019, 01:57:21 pm »
December 1, 2019
Will There Really Be a 2020 Landslide for Trump?
By Rich Logis

As we head into the most consequential election in our republic's history, you can listen to what you want to hear or what you need to hear.

Hillary Clinton was far closer to winning than most realize, and whatever liar or crazy Democrats nominate for 2020 will have the identical advantages Clinton enjoyed.  Furthermore, much of the rhetoric espoused by our Trump nationalist side is almost verbatim what Democrats circa 2016 said; as Yogi Berra once quipped, it's déjà vu all over again.

Democrats three years ago:

Make history; shatter the glass ceiling; there are more of us than of you (Republicans); 50-state landslide; we'll win Texas; Republicans will vote for Clinton.

Republicans in 2019:

There are more of us than of you (Democrats); we'll win 480 electoral votes; we got this; majority of minority voters will President Trump; what time is the buy-one-get-one early bird dinner special?

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2019/12/will_there_really_be_a_2020_landslide_for_trump.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: Will There Really Be a 2020 Landslide for Trump?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2019, 02:10:54 pm »
A Trump 'landslide' shouldn't be proclaimed.  For one, those sitting on the sidelines deciding whether or not to vote, may decide to sit at home feeling that Trump will win anyways.

It's still about his promise on the wall, and curbing illegal immigration.  He will lose voters if he infringes on the 2A and he'll lose voters if the economy tanks.

No, a Trump landslide isn't necessarily on the horizon and to proclaim such almost a year out is ridiculous.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2019, 12:01:05 am »
A "landslide" for Mr. Trump would represent the most important election of the first half of the twenty-first century. Just for the fact that it WAS a landslide.

But... I don't think it will -- nor can it -- happen.

Landslides were possible in a nation that was [once] more unified than America is today. We have become a divided nation, and the divisions are widening. Economics don't make the difference today as much as do ideologies.

I've posted this before, and will again:
Mr. Trump will win in 2020.
He may win the electoral college only, as he did in 2016.
Or, he may actually "break through" and win a majority of the national popular vote (which will certainly throw a wrench into the "NPV" movement).

But his popular margin of victory (IF he obtains one) WILL NOT be anywhere near "a landslide". He'll be lucky to get 51%, 52%, perhaps 53% of the popular vote.

I state this for the record, and will enjoy seeing myself proven completely wrong.
But I call 'em as I see 'em, and that's how I see 2020.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2019, 12:56:42 am »
I see the 2020 election much like the 2018 midterms; full of fraudulent voting and corruption and GOP ballots that 'poof' miraculously disappear.   The country will be waiting on recounts and challenges.  Meanwhile, we will also see protests and rioting in the streets. 
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.