Author Topic: Happy Thanksgiving Briefing Room  (Read 1794 times)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Happy Thanksgiving Briefing Room
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2019, 12:21:10 am »
Well TBR, I'm sober for a change. Made this a "no alcohol" Thanksgiving. Spent the day with a friend and his family and our friends, including children, and didn't want to do or say anything stupid. It worked. Ice cold Apple Juice isn't half bad with dinner.
They served a big brisket, a turkey, and a ham.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. And now on to the New Year!
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2019, 01:02:59 am »
WOW what a day..spent almost 2 days cooking and baking...My 40yo son is in the hospital with a kidney stone..getting a stent put in in the morning..his wife is with him...the two grandsons are here with me...

My other son and his wife spent most of the time bickering over a card game for crying out loud....with their two kiddos running all around....my nerves are shot!

I had a 22lb turkey...bet I have 20lbs left.. 9999hair out0000

I am ordering out for Christmas...not going to knock myself out anymore..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2019, 01:41:19 am »
WOW what a day..spent almost 2 days cooking and baking...My 40yo son is in the hospital with a kidney stone..getting a stent put in in the morning..his wife is with him...the two grandsons are here with me...

My other son and his wife spent most of the time bickering over a card game for crying out loud....with their two kiddos running all around....my nerves are shot!

I had a 22lb turkey...bet I have 20lbs left.. 9999hair out0000

I am ordering out for Christmas...not going to knock myself out anymore

Yikes!!. Sorry @mystery-ak

Mine wasn't without stress either; my father in-law who is in assisted living decided he didn't want to celebrate Thanksgiving; we went over twice to get him for dinner; once to eat at our house and the next day to come with us for Thanksgiving dinner where my daughter works (food is fantabulous by the way).  Hubby is on blood thinners and put a gash in his leg with one of the pegs on his bike (good grief; blood thinners are definitely working), then some drama between family exes....(can't we just get along for Pete's sake)?

However, the turkey with all the trimming turned out awesome, the cheesecake, well, there's only one sliver left! All in all, a decent Thanksgiving.

Don't blame you for ordering out at all!!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2019, 02:11:15 am »
HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!!! INDEED THANKFUL FOR THIS FORUM!!!    :HappyTday:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.