Author Topic: Sweeping VA gun ban, likely confiscation without grandfather clause, proposed by state legislature  (Read 5214 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@Smokin Joe

You don't seriously think they give a rabid rats ass about what the "little people" think,do you? If they manage to win power back again,the "little people" will think what they are TOLD to think,if they know what is good for them.
I think some politicians should do up their resumes and get ready for a job change. Even NoVA and the maritimes will see the stupidity in criminalizing gun ownership, registration, and the inevitable conflict with heretofore law-abiding folks who have drawn the line on compliance with totalitarianism.

Yeah, they'll make 'examples', some folks will cave at the thought, but others will patently ignore the new laws and keep their stuff. Like the Canadian Long Gun Registry, this won't end well for the antis.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

Pulaski County joins localities across Virginia in approving Second Amendment sanctuary resolutions

Posted On 6:53 am December 17, 2019

PULASKI COUNTY – Nearly 800 citizens erupted in applause as the board of supervisors unanimously passed a motion changing its resolution to become a Second Amendment “supportive” county to a “sanctuary” county.

The change was made at the request of Fairlawn citizen Gary Hughes – the first to contact the county about the designation back in November – because he felt the word “sanctuary” had a more meaningful impact to legislators in Richmond.

Hughes said the Democratic majority is in the process of launching the “most egregious attack on the Second Amendment in the history of our republic.” Both of his comments drew strong applause from the audience.  .  .  .

http://www.gopusa.com/pulaski-county-joins-localities-across-virginia-in-approving-second-amendment-sanctuary-resolutions/

It would be nice to get neighboring Montgomery County on board, home to VPI (Va Tech).

About Pulaski County:  As a teenager, I had some serious traffic charges (by Commonwealth standards) in Pulaski County.  I decided to make the 160 mile drive there to show up in court and politely ask the judge to reduce the charges.  There was only one court in Pulaski.  All cases went before the judge.  After sitting there listening to the cases for a couple of hours, they brought in three men in handcuffs, two of whom were barefoot.  I don't even know what they were charged with.  All I heard was the voice of that judge saying, "Twenty-five years to be served in the Virginia State Penitentiary."

As they dragged the three men back out, the bailiff called my name next.  True story.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline PeteS in CA

If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Hoodat

Fauquier County latest in Virginia to pass resolution backing Second Amendment

Teddy Gelman     |     December 24, 2019, 1:04 PM

The Fauquier County Board of Supervisors unanimously voted Monday night to adopt a resolution designating the county as a “Constitutional County.”

Though different in name from the “Second Amendment Sanctuary” designations adopted by neighboring Virginia counties over the past few weeks, Fauquier’s resolution is effectively the same.

The county’s board voted 5-0 to adopt the resolution, which states that the county strongly opposes any laws that restrict the right to keep and bear arms.

https://wtop.com/virginia/2019/12/fauquier-county-latest-in-virginia-to-pass-resolution-backing-second-amendment/
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

WHile these resolutions may not carry legal weight (they are resolutions, not laws, and the real heavyweight behind the sentiment is the Second Amendment), it should be clear to the Legislature and the Governor that the people do not desire and are not willing to comply with any new restrictions on their RKBA. Gun legislation should be a non-starter in the assembly, and it might do to remind their legislators that they represent the people, not the Democrat leadership.

Clog their inboxes, mailboxes, and keep their phones ringing.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

it should be clear to the Legislature and the Governor that the people do not desire and are not willing to comply with any new restrictions on their RKBA. 

@Smokin Joe

It seems to be clear to ME that they know this and don't give a damn. Since when has any dictator or would-be dictator gave a damn about what the people think?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

@Smokin Joe

It seems to be clear to ME that they know this and don't give a damn. Since when has any dictator or would-be dictator gave a damn about what the people think?
When the Founders wrote and signed the Declaration of Independence, do you think they thought that King George would have an epiphany and change his ways? I doubt it. The explanation was pro forma, to ensure that every means short of revolution had been utilized.
Take from these would be dictators the ability to claim that they did not hear the voice of the people because nothing was said, send them mountains of correspondence, gigs of e-mails, make that voice heard everywhere so that only the claim of being blind, mute and deaf would give them an excuse to have not heard the people saying "NO".
Then let the world see their perfidy for what it is.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
When the Founders wrote and signed the Declaration of Independence, do you think they thought that King George would have an epiphany and change his ways? I doubt it. The explanation was pro forma, to ensure that every means short of revolution had been utilized.
Take from these would be dictators the ability to claim that they did not hear the voice of the people because nothing was said, send them mountains of correspondence, gigs of e-mails, make that voice heard everywhere so that only the claim of being blind, mute and deaf would give them an excuse to have not heard the people saying "NO".
Then let the world see their perfidy for what it is.

@Smokin Joe

That will only happen when the survivors are put on trial. They are CONVINCED of their divine right to rule due to being born into wealthy families or connected to wealthy families,and they will go to their graves believing this.

After all,only THEY have the breeding and the class to know what is best for the working-class trash,who have nothing better to do with their lives than watch Reality TV and hump their sisters,right?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline conservativevoter

Like the Texans once told Santa Ana..... "Come and take it!"   :patriot: