Mincemeat
1 (2.2%)
Apple
8 (17.8%)
Other
8 (17.8%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Voting closed: November 29, 2019, 09:18:35 pm

Author Topic: Preferred Thanksgiving Pie  (Read 3837 times)

Offline libertybele

Preferred Thanksgiving Pie
« on: November 25, 2019, 09:18:35 pm »
What is your favorite Thanksgiving Pie?

It's a toss up between pumpkin and pecan.  I usually bake both and have a serving of each.  This year, I'm baking something different; homemade Maple Pumpkin Cheesecake.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline GrouchoTex

Re: Preferred Thanksgiving Pie
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2019, 09:26:17 pm »
What is your favorite Thanksgiving Pie?

It's a toss up between pumpkin and pecan.  I usually bake both and have a serving of each.  This year, I'm baking something different; homemade Maple Pumpkin Cheesecake.
Like you, I like both Pecan and Pumpkin and will have a little of both.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 09:40:08 pm by GrouchoTex »

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2019, 09:32:35 pm »
I've already made an apple/cranberry pie - it's in the freezer and I'll bake it Wednesday. Will also make a crustless pumpkin pie, in the hope my niece with celiac disease can eat it. Any pie is okay with me.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Applewood

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2019, 09:39:04 pm »
I don't eat desserts all year, but on Thanksgiving I allow myself one sliver of pumpkin pie. 

Really love just about any kind of pie.  Not too keen for raisin though.  If I'm going to have a fruit pie, I want the real fruit, not shriveled grapes.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2019, 09:51:01 pm »
More
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2019, 09:59:10 pm »
Pumpkin/bourbon-infused.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2019, 10:03:41 pm »
My usual is 3 pumpkin and 1 pecan. Then maybe an Edward's Turtle Cream pie thrown in too.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2019, 10:07:40 pm »
Anyone for mincemeat? My older sis was the only one that liked the ones my mom made. Not me! But I've never seen her make one herself.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2019, 10:08:37 pm »
Anyone for mincemeat? My older sis was the only one that liked the ones my mom made. Not me! But I've never seen her make one herself.
been a kid since I had it.
I can't remember if I like it or not, to tell you the truth.

Online Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2019, 10:33:02 pm »

My wife likes mincemeat pies, I've never tried one.

My Grandma always made four pies for Thanksgiving: Pumpkin, Apple, Chocolate, and Banana Creme.
Let it burn.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2019, 10:37:01 pm »
None of the above...family tradition has always been the whip cream/choc wafer dessert but I am in the middle of hicksville and I can't find them anymore...I have to travel 45mi to Springfield or Bloomington to get them...just didn't feel like doing that....I did order them once on Amazon and got several boxes of crumbs...which I turned into cookies and cream...which was good but not the same as the log.

This year it will be a Choc/Cherry bundt cake with whip cream, pumpkin pie, cherry pie and maybe a peach pie
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2019, 10:52:25 pm »
My preferred Pie is always pecan but I can live with coconut cream or key lime.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2019, 11:10:07 pm »
I also like Boston cream and coconut.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online mountaineer

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2019, 11:18:39 pm »
Anyone for mincemeat?
My mother must have liked mincemeat, because she frequently bought the little box of whateverthatstuffis and made cookies with it; pies less frequently. I never was too wild about it, but it would be better with a shot of some sort of liquor, e.g., rum, for flavor.

Speaking of which, a few shakes of Angostura bitters is nice in pumpkin pies.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2019, 11:20:20 pm »
Sweet Potato pie tastes much like Pumpkin to me but that's another choice. It's good enough.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2019, 11:26:21 pm »
What is this pie you speak of? In our family there is one dessert

Oh some of the extended family may bring things but there is only one  dessert.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2019, 11:28:49 pm »
Sweet Potato pie tastes much like Pumpkin to me but that's another choice. It's good enough.
Yes, also good.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2019, 11:42:56 pm »
My dad's mom made mincemeat pie. Using venison. He copied her recipe. Grandma would make a big batch and can it. I liked it.

Pecan is usually too sweet for me. Carrot pie. Yeah. Try carrot pie.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline berdie

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2019, 11:47:19 pm »

Back in my other life...when I was still pretty nice and I had lots of relatives that came for Thanksgiving....I made some dish for each relative that they liked.

My FIL's fav was mincemeat. It's not bad but my fav would be pumpkin or pecan.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2019, 12:40:50 am »
None of the above...family tradition has always been the whip cream/choc wafer dessert but I am in the middle of hicksville and I can't find them anymore...I have to travel 45mi to Springfield or Bloomington to get them...just didn't feel like doing that....I did order them once on Amazon and got several boxes of crumbs...which I turned into cookies and cream...which was good but not the same as the log.

This year it will be a Choc/Cherry bundt cake with whip cream, pumpkin pie, cherry pie and maybe a peach pie

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2019, 12:43:14 am »
Pecan

Lemon Meringue

Cherry

Apple

In order of preference. In spring/summer I might reverse the top two.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2019, 12:53:21 am »

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
Ah Nabisco, brings back memories, when I was thirteen we would walk a couple of miles or so the the big Nabisco factory by the 5 FWY in Buena Park,CA and buy broken cookies and seconds for I think 25 cents a pound and walk back eating from our 4 or 5 pound back of cookies of all varieties, including Girl Scout cookies. Was a sad day when they stopped the practice and sadder yet when they tore down the factory for car dealerships.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2019, 01:10:08 am »

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

lol....that's it...although I would make about 4 logs ea about 12in long...it's everybody's fav here
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2019, 01:23:00 am »
I voted for pecan, but I also like my niece’s whipped pumpkin custard pie. It’s not heavy or dense like other pumpkin pies, but very fluffy airy, creamy and topped with whipped cream.  My other favorite pie is blueberry.

BTW off the topic of pies for a moment. My roommate’s work had their catered Thanksgiving dinner Saturday night and she brought home a bunch of leftovers including turkey and I took some for lunch today.

O
M
G!

I’ve never had turkey, especially turkey breast that was so moist and flavorful. I asked her were the turkey came from and she said it was catered by Cracker Barrel.  I’m not exaggerating how good it was. The mac and cheese was pretty sweet too.
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Online roamer_1

« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2019, 02:29:57 am »
Pumpkin and apple for sure... and my mother's legendary cherry cheesecake. Pee-can is great if it is there, but not necessary for me. Pumpkin is probably my all around favorite... Outside of Mississippi Mud pie, which is in a class all its own...