Author Topic: 'I feel like I’ve been called': Sarah Sanders signals run for Arkansas governorship  (Read 510 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
'I feel like I’ve been called': Sarah Sanders signals run for Arkansas governorship
by John Gage
 | November 25, 2019 02:41 PM

Sarah Huckabee Sanders teased that she may run for governor of Arkansas, saying she believes she was "called" to run for office.

"There are two types of people who run for office," Sanders said on Sunday, according to the New York Times. "People that are called and people that just want to be a senator or governor. I feel like I’ve been called."

The next governor's race in Arkansas is not until 2022, and Republican Asa Hutchinson currently holds the position. Sanders, 37, has been rumored to be planning a run since leaving the White House and after President Trump urged her to consider it.

The former White House press secretary said, "If I do [run], it will because I feel called to do it and because I feel I can offer something to the state, and I can do something to help move the state further ahead and grow it in a positive way, and I fit what the state needs at that time."

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/i-feel-like-ive-been-called-sarah-sanders-signals-run-for-arkansas-governorship
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Glad to hear it.  I think she will make an excellent governor.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
She is a star that may rise, like Nikki Haley and Elise Stefanik
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
That state has had worse occupants of 1800 Center Street in Little Rock.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
I trust she has a great future ahead.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
American Military News by  Kyle Perisic  November 26, 2019

President Donald Trump’s former press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders is eyeing a run for the Governor of Arkansas, a position her father Mike Huckabee served for more than a decade.

Although she hasn’t officially announced a bid yet, Sanders’ recent political activities and interviews suggest she’s gearing up to secure the Republican nomination by attending Republican Party dinners around Arkansas, the Associated Press reported.

Sanders’ recent activities include attending a 500-person GOP event, the Lincoln-Reagan Day Dinner in Hot Beds, Ark. Sander has expressed interest in the governorship but has avoided an official announcement for the job, which would become available in 2023, when Gov. Asa Hutchinson reaches his term limit.

“I’m just excited to have people clap when I come up to a podium,” she said, according to a New York Times report of the dinner. The comment appeared as a reference to her previous role as White House Press Secretary, where she at times traded barbs with members of the press corps. “It’s very different from what I’m used to. All I can say is thank God I’m back in Arkansas.”

More: https://americanmilitarynews.com/2019/11/former-white-house-press-secretary-sarah-sanders-is-considering-a-run-for-governor-of-arkansas/

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

Me too.  I like her.  And people don't even have to vote for her because its going to be a divine appointment.

In all serious though I really do like her.  She was the strength that held Trumps crazy from spilling over.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 04:01:24 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline dfwgator

I could see her running for POTUS in 2024,  I could easily vote for her.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
I could see her running for POTUS in 2024,  I could easily vote for her.

Why?  I liked her as Press Secretary.  She was good at it, but what is her experience to make her president? 

Maybe if she wins and does a good job as Governor.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 04:46:58 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Why?  I liked her as Press Secretary.  She was good at it, but what is her experience to make her president? 

Maybe if she wins and does a good job as Governor.
Undeniable.  When called to serve she stepped up and she did fantastic at a very hard job.  I job I could never do.