Author Topic: WaPo reporter: We’re hearing behind the scenes that more House Dems are getting “cold feet” about im  (Read 193 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
WaPo reporter: We’re hearing behind the scenes that more House Dems are getting “cold feet” about impeachment

Allahpundit Posted at 2:01 pm on November 24, 2019

I’ll take the opportunity up front to double down on this post from Friday. I’d bet my life savings plus several internal organs that Pelosi will have 218 to impeach. That’s based on the simple reality that failing to do so at this point would cost Democrats more politically than proceeding with impeachment would. Voters who hate Trump would be furious and voters who like Trump wouldn’t give Pelosi and Schiff an ounce of credit for standing down in the end. The president would gloat about it every day unto eternity. Pelosi, long respected by both sides for her ability to whip votes, would be humiliated utterly. Her legacy would be in ruins. They’ll have 218.

But.

They might not have a lot more than 218, which would itself be horribly humiliating for Dems. There are 233 Democrats in the House right now; only two voted against opening the impeachment inquiry. If more than two vote against impeachment, the inescapable conclusion for many Americans will be that Schiff’s two weeks of hearings were so unpersuasive that he actually *lost* support for impeachment within his own party.

According to WaPo reporter Rachel Bade, the phrase of the day is “cold feet”:

more
https://hotair.com/archives/allahpundit/2019/11/24/wapo-reporter-hearing-behind-scenes-house-dems-getting-cold-feet-impeachment/?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_term=wapo-reporter-hearing-behind-scenes-house-dems-getting-cold-feet-impeachment
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34