Author Topic: Is Michael Bloomberg, leading Jewish presidential candidate, good for Israel?  (Read 121 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

Is Michael Bloomberg, leading Jewish presidential candidate, good for Israel?

Well, one thing is for sure, newly declared Democratic presidential candidate Michael Bloomberg passes the “kishka test.”
You know the “kishka test,” the question many Israelis and Jews around the world ask when weighing the pros and cons of a US president or presidential candidate: “Does he have a warm spot in his/her heart for Israel? Does he/she get us in their kishkes?”
Jews, both here and abroad, are not satisfied if the US president likes Israel the way he likes a country such as South Korea or Jamaica. They want him to have a special feeling.
Bloomberg, at least according to his own words, does.
The multi-billionaire businessman, who was New York City's mayor from 2002-2013, was awarded the first Genesis Prize in 2014, and during his acceptance speech in Jerusalem in May of that year noted that his parents instilled in him the importance of Israel.
“My parents saw in our lives just why Israel had to exist, and why it must always exist, and those lessons were passed on to us,” he said. “We are as one with this city [Jerusalem], and this country and this people as you can be.”
Bloomberg said that his parents taught him that Jewish history “gives us a special obligation to build a brighter future for everyone, and to always  believe that tomorrow can be better than today. For them and for so many Jews who witnessed the horrors of World War II, the creation of Israel embodied that obligation and validated that belief. It was a dream fulfilled.”..........

https://www.jpost.com/American-Politics/Is-Michael-Bloomberg-leading-Jewish-presidential-candidate-good-for-Israel-608956
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
Words and feelings are nice, but all that really matters is how far he's prepared to go to stop Iran's obsession with blowing Israel off the map...
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA