Author Topic: Schiff dismisses Trump's call for him to testify: 'What would I offer in terms of testimony?'  (Read 287 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Schiff dismisses Trump's call for him to testify: 'What would I offer in terms of testimony?'
By Rebecca Klar - 11/24/19 10:01 AM EST

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) on Sunday dismissed President Trump's call for the congressman to testify in the Senate's impeachment trial.

"What would I offer in terms of testimony? That I heard [former National Security Council senior director for Europe and Russia Fiona Hill] say such and such?" Schiff said on CNN's "State of the Union."

"The only reason for them to go through this is to mollify the president, and that’s not a good reason to call a member of Congress," Schiff added.

However, Schiff did not go so far as to say he would refuse to testify if the Senate called him to do so.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/471826-schiff-dismisses-trumps-call-for-him-to-testify-what-would-i-offer-in-terms-of
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Put that smug butt plug on the stand. 

:HappyTday:
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Trump:  "That's for me to know and you to find out, Lil' Adam."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Trump:  "That's for me to know and you to find out, Lil' Adam."
Exactly what I was thinking.
It is not for a person called to testify to demand to know why first, before they decide whether or not to show up.
That's not how it works. None of the people Schiff has called to testify were told specifically why they were being called before their testimony.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
He's an arrogant SOB isn't he....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline bilo

Exactly what I was thinking.
It is not for a person called to testify to demand to know why first, before they decide whether or not to show up.
That's not how it works. None of the people Schiff has called to testify were told specifically why they were being called before their testimony.

Is a member of Congress able to say no?
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Is a member of Congress able to say no?

He'll certainly make a case for that.  He's sure to be one of the Impeachment Managers, and will claim he can't be called because he's a Prosecutor.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
He'll certainly make a case for that.  He's sure to be one of the Impeachment Managers, and will claim he can't be called because he's a Prosecutor.

I so want to see this next installment of the show we call, the big  Schitt.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.