Author Topic: Democrats' 'bribery' impeachment strategy is an unforced error with sobering consequences  (Read 476 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

It may be premature to judge the effectiveness of this week’s testimony based on polls that were only surveying voters for part of it, but it would be foolish to ignore the trends. And they are not good for Democrats. As FiveThirtyEight’s average of polls makes clear, the revelations involving the Ukraine scandal shifted the calculation for voters, a clear majority of whom had previously opposed impeaching the president. Almost overnight, the public warmed to the notion that Trump deserved to be censured and ejected from office.

But that seismic shift in public opinion is now reversing itself. The once sizable plurality in favor of impeachment has disappeared, and that shift is not attributable to shaky Republican voters who are stabilizing after being temporarily unnerved by the scandal. In fact, the decline is most pronounced among self-described independents. In battleground states, like Wisconsin, the numbers are far worse for Democrates.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/democrats-bribery-impeachment-strategy-unforced-error-sobering-consequences-ncna1089871
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline PeteS in CA

My opinion - which together with $5 will get you coffee and change at Starchucks - is that this whole marsupialian impeachment travesty has been an unforced error. It either should not have been done, or at earliest, begun in July or August of 2020. As things stand, the R have nearly a year to hammer home the fact that there was no wrong-doing of any kind, and ordinary people will have a year in which to get weary and nauseated at the Dems' campaign stunt (and some Americans will realize that it was a campaign stunt paid for with taxpayers' $$!).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline bilo

My opinion - which together with $5 will get you coffee and change at Starchucks - is that this whole marsupialian impeachment travesty has been an unforced error. It either should not have been done, or at earliest, begun in July or August of 2020. As things stand, the R have nearly a year to hammer home the fact that there was no wrong-doing of any kind, and ordinary people will have a year in which to get weary and nauseated at the Dems' campaign stunt (and some Americans will realize that it was a campaign stunt paid for with taxpayers' $$!).

Good points, but in addition to the opportunity cost of not getting anything done if this does go to the Senate you can bet Trump will fight like a street fighter, not like a polite play by the rules Pub. I would expect to see a slew of witnesses subpoenaed that will reveal how corrupt the swamp and DC elites really are. On top of that it will be nationally televised so it will be hard for the media to lie about what is being said.

I wonder how people will respond when they discover that Hunter Biden's company got at least 16 million from Burisma, over 150 million in TALC money and 1.5 Billion from China while daddy Joe was VP. Then after it's established that Trump had every right to be skeptical of aid going to Ukraine we will find out that Ciramella was a close associate of Schiff's staffers and had contact with them before he lied about the phone call. Finally, it will be interesting to hear from the IG why whistleblower rules were changed just prior to receiving the complaint. 
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline PeteS in CA

Good points, but in addition to the opportunity cost of not getting anything done if this does go to the Senate you can bet Trump will fight like a street fighter, not like a polite play by the rules Pub. I would expect to see a slew of witnesses subpoenaed that will reveal how corrupt the swamp and DC elites really are. On top of that it will be nationally televised so it will be hard for the media to lie about what is being said.

I wonder how people will respond when they discover that Hunter Biden's company got at least 16 million from Burisma, over 150 million in TALC money and 1.5 Billion from China while daddy Joe was VP. Then after it's established that Trump had every right to be skeptical of aid going to Ukraine we will find out that Ciramella was a close associate of Schiff's staffers and had contact with them before he lied about the phone call. Finally, it will be interesting to hear from the IG why whistleblower rules were changed just prior to receiving the complaint.

Concur, on both points. The Dems do not want anything significant and good for the US to be passed because Trump would get credit for it, Americans need to be punished for electing Trump President, and it would be all the more the Dems would have to undo if a Dem won in 2020. And having started the kangaroo court so early, they face a choice between not impeaching - which would PO their base who have lapped up the hype - and how much would be revealed in a Senate trial that the Dems need to be concealed.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Pelosi kept telling them not to do it. And especially not to do it like this.
They tried to impeach Trump for a crime committed by Biden. Who admitted to and bragged about strong arming Ukraine.
Now they have unleashed national interest in Biden's connections to Ukraine. STUPID STUPID move.
No doubt they are shut this Schitt show down and bury it as soon as possible.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Absalom

A  suggestion for the Trump Fan Club; namely "please get real".
Agree this impeachment drama is nothing more than an attempt to drive Trump from office.
Also suggest that Trump has hardly covered himself w/glory since this fandango began, given
his relentless and brainless yapping.
Finally suggest that principled conservatives would be far better served w/Pence in the Oval Office!!!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
A  suggestion for the Trump Fan Club; namely "please get real".
Agree this impeachment drama is nothing more than an attempt to drive Trump from office.
Also suggest that Trump has hardly covered himself w/glory since this fandango began, given
his relentless and brainless yapping.
Finally suggest that principled conservatives would be far better served w/Pence in the Oval Office!!!

@Absalom

Uh,huh. This standing up to them and  fighting back stuff is impolite,and America is better served by whimpering,whining,and crying like little bitches while they destroy our nation,right?

Get thee into rehab!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline dancer

@Absalom

Uh,huh. This standing up to them and  fighting back stuff is impolite,and America is better served by whimpering,whining,and crying like little bitches while they destroy our nation,right?

Get thee into rehab!

888high58888

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
Releasing aid after a short delay and getting nothing in return is bribery? In a court of law the judge would toss that case in a heartbeat. Meanwhile sending planeloads of untraceable cash to terrorists barely raises an eyebrow...
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Releasing aid after a short delay and getting nothing in return is bribery? In a court of law the judge would toss that case in a heartbeat. Meanwhile sending planeloads of untraceable cash to terrorists barely raises an eyebrow...

@Snarknado

Somebody that knows how needs to do the research to discover the name of the Dim that challenged Newt when he changed the rules after the Republicans took over control of Congress for the first time in over 40 years. I can't remember the Dim congresscritter's name now,but he stood up and whined like a little bitch sounding like he was going to cry after Newt responded with "Why? We are just doing what you did when you held control of Congress.",and that fat weasel whined "Yes,but it was ok when WE did it!"

Talk about an all-purpose meme to highlight the mindset of the Dims as they shriek and tear their hair out at the "unfairness" of being treated like everyone else.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!