Author Topic: 'I've been dying for 25 years': How a cop has stalled his child sex abuse trial for decades  (Read 358 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 'I've been dying for 25 years': How a cop has stalled his child sex abuse trial for decades
Retired cop Leonard Forte said he couldn't be tried for the rape of a 12-year-old because he was dying. That was in 1995. He's still alive and free.

Gus Garcia-Roberts, USA TODAY, Devan Patel, Naples Daily News and Elizabeth Murray, Burlington Free Press
Updated 9:45 p.m. CST Nov. 21, 2019

In 1995, Leonard Forte was due in a Vermont courtroom to face charges that he'd repeatedly raped and molested his daughter's 12-year-old friend.

Instead, he started dying.

Forte, then a 54-year-old former detective with the Suffolk County District Attorney’s Office in New York, told the Vermont court his heart had failed and that he was on a transplant list. He said his doctors had given him a grim diagnosis: Without a new heart, he’d be dead within a year.

A Vermont prosecutor agreed to delay the case until Forte was healthy enough to stand trial – unless his terminal condition made prosecuting him a moot point.

Forte never received a heart transplant. But he also didn’t die.

more
https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/news/investigations/2019/11/20/cop-stalls-his-child-sex-abuse-trial-claiming-dying/2574771001/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

This is outrageous.  Forte should be compelled to submit to a court-ordered physical examination with all the appropriate tests.  If he refuses, he should be dragged back to Vermont and thrown in the slammer.

And what happened to whoever the idiot was who tossed out the evidence in the case?  That person should have faced some consequences.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
This is outrageous.  Forte should be compelled to submit to a court-ordered physical examination with all the appropriate tests.  If he refuses, he should be dragged back to Vermont and thrown in the slammer.

And what happened to whoever the idiot was who tossed out the evidence in the case?  That person should have faced some consequences.
I think Forte should be assisted in achieving what the end result of what has been hiding behind for decades an eternity he justly deserves