Author Topic: Bolton returns to Twitter after resignation, accuses White House of blocking access to account  (Read 415 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bolton-twitter-after-white-house-resignation-in-ominous-tweet

Former National Security Adviser John Bolton, whose name has repeatedly surfaced in impeachment hearings as a witness to key events, returned to Twitter on Friday and pointedly accused the White House of blocking access to his account after his resignation in September -- though President Trump denied involvement.

"Since resigning as National Security Advisor, the @WhiteHouse refused to return access to my personal Twitter account. Out of fear of what I may say? To those who speculated I went into hiding, I’m sorry to disappoint!" he tweeted.

Bolton leveled the allegation after surfacing on Twitter earlier in the morning following his two-month hiatus from the platform, cryptically vowing to share the "backstory" of what happened to his account.

“Glad to be back on Twitter after more than two months. For the backstory, stay tuned….” Bolton had tweeted.

more at link...

It sounds like Amb Bolton has something he wants to say. :laugh:

John Bolton @AmbJohnBolton

We have now liberated the Twitter account, previously suppressed unfairly in the aftermath of my resignation as National Security Advisor.  More to come.....

John Bolton @AmbJohnBolton

In full disclosure, the @WhiteHouse never returned access to my Twitter account.  Thank you to @twitter for standing by their community standards and rightfully returning control of my account.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I have always liked Bolton...that said I know he didn't agree with Trump on a lot of issues but I really don't see him turning on him and helping the RATS impeach him.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

Foggy Bottom folks need to get it through their thick skulls that they do not make Foreign Policy,  they are there to enforce the Foreign Policy as directed by The President.   They can advise the President all they want, but it's not their call.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 02:06:35 am by dfwgator »

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Foggy Bottom folks need to get it through their thick skulls that they do not make Foreign Policy,  they are there to enforce the Foreign Policy as directed by The President.   They can advise the President all they want, but it's not their call.
'
But not even the President is above the law.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline PeteS in CA

Twitter is a private company, not a government agency. Bolton's claim is BS.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Twitter is a private company, not a government agency. Bolton's claim is BS.

...not if any signed employment/position Agreement contains language that says otherwise.

For example, all private social media accounts become the property of the U.S. Government upon leaving....
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Chosen Daughter

...not if any signed employment/position Agreement contains language that says otherwise.

For example, all private social media accounts become the property of the U.S. Government upon leaving....

Again denial from the White House.  Bolton might have forgotten his password.  LOL!  I can't wait for Bolton to talk.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

My email and network accounts were cancelled after I left my last place of Employment, so why do former Bureaucrats like Bolton get to keep theirs?  I can see good reasons to lock them out of their social media after they are terminated:  What if said former bureaucrat decides to attempt to change history by deleting or editing old tweets?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Chosen Daughter

More Trump mafia rhetoric:

The White House on Friday shot back at former National Security Adviser John Bolton over his claim that it had locked him out of his Twitter account, with Press Secretary Stephanie Grisham suggesting the former ambassador was of “advanced age” and had simply forgotten his password.
“Sometimes, I’ll use my father as an example, somebody who is of an advanced age may not understand that all you have to do is contact Twitter and reset your password if you’ve forgotten it so I’ll just leave it at that,” Grisham said on Fox Business’ Lou Dobbs Tonight.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/wh-press-secretary-suggests-john-bolton-may-have-forgotten-his-twitter-password-cites-advanced-age/ar-BBXdN2c?ocid=spartanntp

Offline skeeter

Again denial from the White House.  Bolton might have forgotten his password.  LOL!  I can't wait for Bolton to talk.

No doubt. But you might have to actually pay for his book.

Offline PeteS in CA

I've not had that experience, but if that was the case then Bolton's beef is with his own choice to accept those terms of employment.

For my part, the only visibility my employers past and present have of my email and social media is from emails relative to applying for a job. But I can see high-level government employees with access to secret and confidential government information being handled differently. Not unlike companies computer system administrative people losing their system access as soon as they give notice they are leaving (or are fired). So Bolton's problem, if he actually had one, arose from not understanding the terms of employment to which he agreed.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Some US Representatives and Senators seem to have an individual account and account for their official position.

Example:

https://mobile.twitter.com/SenTedCruz

https://mobile.twitter.com/tedcruz