Author Topic: The public impeachment hearings were a total GOP disaster  (Read 796 times)

Offline libertybele

The public impeachment hearings were a total GOP disaster
« on: November 22, 2019, 01:11:30 pm »
I know that most of us don't consider CNN a reliable news source but keep in mind that most airports, hotels, etc., where hundreds of thousands of people pass through usually plays CNN and those same people hear and see that network. or another liberal station in passing.  How do you then convince others who may be too busy to actually 'tune in' and do some research of the misinformation and blatant kangaroo court procedures?

The public impeachment hearings were a total GOP disaster

It's hard to imagine how the past three days could have gone worse for Republicans.
The public impeachment hearings were never going to be a good thing for Trump -- given that the proceedings were controlled by the House Democratic majority and we knew, from a series of closed-door depositions over the past month, that the witnesses who would be called had a) expressed deep misgivings about President Donald Trump's phone call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky on July 25 and b) suggested that there was a not-so-secret quid pro quo in place that unless the Ukrainians announced an investigation into Joe and Hunter Biden they would not get the White House meeting with the President they so desired.
But even by those standards, what happened over the past 72 hours was a disaster the likes of which not even the most pessimistic Republican could have predicted.........

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/21/politics/impeachment-hearings-house-gop-nunes/index.html
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 01:12:46 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: The public impeachment hearings were a total GOP disaster
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2019, 02:02:42 pm »
CNN still dancing to Zuckers tune.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2019, 02:09:29 pm »

It's all part of the rat script & Zucker's a rat clown.

All indications are the truth is diametrically opposite what CNN asserts, as usual.

The rats will impeach, of course, and CNN will tell everyone how popular impeachment is.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 02:10:34 pm by skeeter »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2019, 03:40:23 pm »
It's all part of the rat script & Zucker's a rat clown.

All indications are the truth is diametrically opposite what CNN asserts, as usual.

The rats will impeach, of course, and CNN will tell everyone how popular impeachment is.

Of course they will, my concern again, is the widespread dissemination of inaccurate information fed to the populace by the liberal MSM.  How can they not impeach them?  The other concern (and I know I've stated this before) is Roberts residing over the Senate hearings and of course the RINO's.  I think they will vote for impeachment.  Not because they have any valid reason for impeachment, but they will vote for impeachment based on public sentiment that has wanted to de-legitimize this presidency since day one and the fear of civil unrest.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2019, 06:16:52 pm »
I know that most of us don't consider CNN a reliable news source but keep in mind that most airports, hotels, etc., where hundreds of thousands of people pass through usually plays CNN and those same people hear and see that network. or another liberal station in passing.  How do you then convince others who may be too busy to actually 'tune in' and do some research of the misinformation and blatant kangaroo court procedures?

@libertybele

Even worse,CNN is considered by many foreigners to be an accurate source for news from the US because it is the ONLY US media source they ever see.

I was in Moscow during Yeltsin's first election,and the Communist Party and the Russian Orthodox Church held a big election rally for the communist candidate in the square right outside the hotel I was staying in. The Russian businessmen and women in the lobby were actually laughing at what the CNN talking head was saying on the television in the lobby. Don't forget,they could hear what the talking head said,and then observer and hear what was going in in real time.

When I asked them what was going on,a couple were more than happy to tell me while laughing about it,and when I responded with "No problem. Give me a good belt-fed and a couple of ammo bearers,and I can clear this little problem up for you!". The response was cheers,slaps on my back,and the offer to buy me drinks.

BUT.....consider that these were Russian businessmen and women that have contacts outside of Russia,and that traveled outside of Russia on a regular basis to conduct business. They had seen with their own eyes what life was like in the west,so they didn't swallow the lies believed by the typical Russian citizen that had mostly never left the area where they were born,AND it was being broadcast in Russian as well as English.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2019, 06:17:54 pm »

@The Ghost

This is what Red Ted Turner created it to do. He may have been forced out after the Operation Tailwind saga exploded in his face,but the message remains the same.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 06:19:04 pm by sneakypete »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2019, 06:21:53 pm »

The other concern (and I know I've stated this before) is Roberts residing over the Senate hearings and of course the RINO's.

And that is one I share. Roberts is a part of the Homosexual Traitor Mafia,and he obtained his position because the people pulling his strings in the background knew they could rely on him to betray America when needed.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2019, 07:39:14 pm »
You know it is a network that has fallen on hard times when its only claim to fame was 30 years ago when it introduced the world the "Scud Stud"
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2019, 07:55:29 pm »
I see that CNN's Chris Cillizza is still ingesting and exhaling copious bong hits of Trump Derangement.

Anyone who has watched even a fracition of the hearings to date could not possibly reach a conclusion other than that the impeachment case is ludicrously weak, and that the "witnesses" (none of whom themselves apparently witnessed anything) have by now contradicted themselves and each other, and have wilted under Republican questioning. 
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline berdie

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2019, 09:59:51 pm »
I am pretty darned disgusted. I will confess that I didn't watch all of this. But yesterday Sondheim (or whoever he is) said that there was no first hand knowledge. Only assumptions. Most of these stooges said the same.

But if a person watches/reads the MSM....Trump is goin' down. Tons of evidence!

Shameful.

Rant off. Thank you all for allowing me to vent.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2019, 09:01:03 pm »
I am pretty darned disgusted. I will confess that I didn't watch all of this. But yesterday Sondheim (or whoever he is) said that there was no first hand knowledge. Only assumptions. Most of these stooges said the same.

But if a person watches/reads the MSM....Trump is goin' down. Tons of evidence!

Shameful.

Rant off. Thank you all for allowing me to vent.

I am disgusted as well.  I am sick to death of the double standards for DEMS and all the political corruption in general.

Our elected officials seem to be concentrated on bringing the president down in order to divert attention from their own corruption. There seems to be no 'oversight' or checks and balances as far as the leftists are concerned, but the GOP, including this President isn't allowed to breathe without facing some kind of bogus allegations made against them.  All at the expense of the taxpayer.  Other than undermining what this President is trying to accomplish (such as securing our border) what they heck are they doing??  Goes for both sides!!!