Author Topic: Top Navy officials are threatening to quit if Trump blocks plans to expel Navy SEAL  (Read 2293 times)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: White House will not intervene in Navy's discipline of SEAL Eddie Gallagher
« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2019, 11:44:35 pm »
I merged a few like minded topics on the subject.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline MOD3

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: White House will not intervene in Navy's discipline of SEAL Eddie Gallagher
« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2019, 11:56:52 pm »
How about this one too? http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,383469.0.html

Go for it babe.   I have to tend to some family matters. 

Offline MOD3

Go for it babe.   I have to tend to some family matters. 

Merged and moved to Military/Defense News

Online Wingnut

Merged and moved to Military/Defense News

Thanks.  Just learned a friend passed away. 

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
A little History:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_V._Spencer

Richard V. Spencer of Wyoming was sworn in as the 76th secretary of the Navy Aug. 3, 2017.

A Connecticut native, Spencer graduated from Rollins College in 1976 with a Bachelor of Arts in Economics. Upon graduation he joined the United States Marine Corps and proudly served as an H-46 pilot until 1981 before departing active duty to enter the private finance sector.

Spencer worked on Wall Street for 16 years with responsibilities centered on investment banking services and a particular focus on strategic advisory services and capital market underwriting.  After three years as president of Crossroads Investment Management LLC, a leading venture capital and private equity fund-of-funds investment firm, Spencer joined Intercontinental Exchange, Inc. (NYSE-ICE), the leading electronic commodity futures exchange, as chief financial officer. ICE introduced transparency and risk management to the global derivatives markets. As vice chairman he was responsible for the transition of the company from private to public, including initial board of directors recruitment, the initial public offering and the subsequent three secondary offerings, financial reporting, strategy development and implementation, and human resources management.

From 2007 to 2017 Spencer was the managing director of Fall Creek Management, LLC.

Spencer served on the Board of Directors of Global Atlantic Financial Group, ENGAGEcx LLC, 86Borders LLC and StarPound Technologies. His charitable activities include board service on the Marine Corps Heritage Foundation, The Community Foundation of Jackson Hole, Teton County Search & Rescue Foundation, Veterans Campaign/Center for Second Service, and Honoring Our Vets. Spencer served on the Defense Business Board and the Chief of Naval Operations Executive Panel.

In June 2017, President Donald Trump nominated Spencer to serve as the 76th United States Secretary of the Navy. Spencer was confirmed by the United States Senate on August 1, 2017. He was sworn in on August 3, 2017 and served until November 24, 2019.

On July 15, 2019, he assumed the duties of acting Secretary of Defense and expected "to continue to serve in this role until a Secretary of Defense nominee is confirmed by the Senate and assumes office. 

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Just learned a friend passed away.

Sorry to hear that.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Eddie Gallagher controversy: Esper fires Navy secretary, SEAL will keep Trident pin, Pentagon says

By Andrew O'Reilly, Vandana Rambaran | Fox News

Defense Secretary Mark Esper fired Navy Secretary Richard Spencer Sunday over his handling of the case of a Navy SEAL who posed for a photo next to an Islamic State terrorist’s corpse in Iraq, and the SEAL will be able to keep his Trident pin, a Pentagon spokesman said Sunday.

“Secretary of Defense Mark T. Esper has asked for the resignation of Secretary of the Navy Richard Spencer after losing trust and confidence in him regarding his lack of candor over conversations with the White House involving the handling of Navy SEAL Eddie Gallagher,” Pentagon spokesman Jonathan Hoffman said in a statement Sunday.

Controversy continued to swirl around whether or not the Navy would strip Gallagher of his Trident pin, ousting him from the prestigious SEALs after he was demoted from chief petty officer to a 1st class petty officer following his conviction in July. President Trump this month restored Gallagher’s rank and ordered that the Navy halt its internal review of Gallagher's actions from 2017 that resulted in a high-profile war crimes case, for which he was found not guilty of the murder of an Islamic State fighter in Iraq.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/navy-seal-eddie-gallagher-review-board-trump-interference

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Jack Posobiec
🇺🇸
@JackPosobiec
BREAKING: President Trump has fired the Secretary of the Navy after publicly defying a direct order from the commander in chief
4:15 PM · Nov 24, 2019
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
·
1h
I was not pleased with the way that Navy Seal Eddie Gallagher’s trial was handled by the Navy. He was treated very badly but, despite this, was completely exonerated on all major charges. I then restored Eddie’s rank. Likewise, large cost overruns from past administration’s.....

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
·
1h
....contracting procedures were not addressed to my satisfaction. Therefore, Secretary of the Navy Richard Spencer’s services have been terminated by Secretary of Defense Mark Esper. I thank Richard for his service & commitment. Eddie will retire peacefully with all of the.....

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
·
1h
....honors that he has earned, including his Trident Pin. Admiral and now Ambassador to Norway Ken Braithwaite will be nominated by me to be the new Secretary of the Navy. A man of great achievement and success, I know Ken will do an outstanding job!
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pentagon chief fires Navy secretary over secret deal for SEAL Eddie Gallagher
by Carlin Becker
 | November 24, 2019 05:13 PM

Print this article

Defense Secretary Mark Esper dismissed Navy Secretary Richard Spencer for talking to the White House about a deal in which Navy SEAL Eddie Gallagher retired with his full rank and without losing his cherished Trident pin.

Esper requested Spencer's resignation on Sunday after learning that the Navy secretary had privately proposed to White House officials that he would ensure that Gallagher, who was accused of war crimes, was able to retire as a Navy SEAL with his Trident insignia if they did not interfere with proceedings against him.

Spencer, 65, a former U.S. Marine Corps aviator, did not share the details of the proposal with Esper, who found out on Friday after he spoke with President Trump, and his private offer contradicted his public position on Gallagher's case. In a statement from chief Pentagon spokesman Jonathan Hoffman, Esper said he was "deeply troubled by this conduct" from Spencer.

“Unfortunately, as a result I have determined that Secretary Spencer no longer has my confidence to continue in his position," Esper said. "I wish Richard well.” Spencer had been Trump's Navy secretary since being confirmed by the Senate in August 2017.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/pentagon-chief-asks-navy-secretary-to-resign-for-handling-of-seal-eddie-gallaghers-case
Support the USO

Online Wingnut

Sorry to hear that.

Thanks.   Some people can deal with what life throws at you. Some people dive into the bottle.  She chose the latter.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Thanks.   Some people can deal with what life throws at you. Some people dive into the bottle.  She chose the latter.

I had 2 friends go that way. And I found out that you can't help someone that don't want to help themselves.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

That shit sucks, bro.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Spencer out as Navy secretary over SEAL trident scandal

NAVY Times by  Carl Prine 11/24/2019

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2019/11/24/spencer-out-as-secretary-of-the-navy-over-seal-trident-scandal/

With all the drama of the past week, Esper now has decided to let Gallagher keep his trident.

He’ll meet with Chief of Naval Operations Adm. Mike Gilday and Navy Under Secretary Thomas Modley — now the acting secretary — to figure out how to move forward.

It’s unclear if Esper will halt similar proceedings against three officers tied to the Gallagher case.

Only moments after the release of Spencer’s resignation letter, however, Trump took to Twitter to give another version of the Sunday meltdown.

Noting his displeasure with the Navy’s handling of the Gallagher affair, Trump added his concerns about Spencer’s failure to address cost overruns and contracting problems from the former administration and then said that’s why Esper “terminated” his employment.

Plot twist: What none of the parties knew was that minutes before the Pentagon announced Esper’s decision, Gallagher told his attorney, Timothy Parlatore, that he had decided to voluntarily relinquish his trident for the good of the SEALs, the president and the country, believing that he unwittingly had become a lightning rod for criticism and partisan division.

Shortly after Gallagher told Parlatore to write the letter, his attorney received word that Esper had decided to let him retain the pin.

In fact, Navy Times had to scrap a story about the letter when the Pentagon statement arrived.

More at link.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I had 2 friends go that way. And I found out that you can't help someone that don't want to help themselves.

@Elderberry

Each generation finds out that is one of life's toughest lessons to learn.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Spencer out as Navy secretary over SEAL trident scandal

NAVY Times by  Carl Prine 11/24/2019

With all the drama of the past week, Esper now has decided to let Gallagher keep his trident.

@Elderberry

Here is the deal. The Trident is a freaking QUALIFICATION BADGE! In that respect it is no different than jump wings,hard-hat divers insignia,or pilot wings. ANYBODY in the freaking Navy can be assigned to a SEAL unit as administrative,supply,medical,or other support types,but ONLY sailors who have graduated from BUDS can wear the Trident and be assigned to a SEAL Team.

Taking away the Trident is the equivalent of saying the man never graduated from BUDS or was even a member of a SEAL Team,never mind a Team Leader. I guess that IS one way for the ass-kissing,shoe-polishing useless Navy brass to feel good about themselves,though. They KNOW that THEY don't have the stones to do the job,so they make themselves feel powerful by removing the qualification badge from those who did achieve that quest.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

rangerrebew

Navy SEAL Eddie Gallagher Trashes Superiors in Fox Appearance: ‘Complete Insubordination’
by Alberto Luperon | 1:04 pm, November 24th, 2019
submit to reddit

Eddie Gallagher, the Navy SEAL previously facing a war crimes trial, serves under Secretary of the Navy Richard Spencer and Rear Adm. Collin Green, but that didn’t stop him from publicly trashing them on a Sunday appearance on Fox News.

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/navy-seal-eddie-gallagher-trashes-superiors-in-fox-appearance-complete-insubordination/

rangerrebew

Are the Navy’s admirals forcing a crisis in traditional civil-military affairs?
By: Carl Prine  

Amid a crisis in traditional civilian-military relations, an unconventional commander in chief took to Twitter on Thursday to telegraph his displeasure with Navy leaders who tried to take a SEAL’s trident.

“The Navy will NOT be taking away Warfighter and Navy Seal Eddie Gallagher’s Trident Pin,” President Donald J. Trump tweeted.

“This case was handled very badly from the beginning. Get back to business!”

It remains unclear if Navy leaders consider Trump’s tweet to be an actual order.

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2019/11/21/are-the-navys-admirals-forcing-a-crisis-in-traditional-civil-military-affairs/

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
‘Completely bananas’: Eddie Gallagher offered to give up SEAL Trident pin but was told he could keep it
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/completely-bananas-eddie-gallagher-offered-to-give-up-seal-trident-pin-but-was-told-he-could-keep-it
Support the USO

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Chairman of Joint Chiefs says Navy SEAL Gallagher case is ‘closed’

American Military News by Ryan Morgan   November 25, 2019

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2019/11/chairman-of-joint-chiefs-says-navy-seal-gallagher-case-is-closed/

General Mark Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the top U.S. military general, backed Defense Secretary Mark Esper’s decision to allow Eddie Gallagher to remain in his Navy SEAL unit.

On Monday, Milley said the process to review Gallagher’s SEAL status through a Trident Review Board is now “case closed,” according to the Washington Post. Milley backed Esper’s decision to end Gallagher’s review following the SEAL’s acquittal on charges he murdered an ISIS fighter.

Following Spencer’s removal, Trump announced Gallagher would be allowed to retire honorably as a SEAL.

“Eddie will retire peacefully with all of the honors that he has earned, including his Trident Pin,” Trump indicated.

Milley denounced suggestions that Trump and Esper’s involvement in the case had circumvented the military justice process.

“The secretary of defense, the president of the United States are all part of the process, and they made a decision. And as far as I’m concerned, it’s case closed now,” Milley said, during a military visit to the Middle East. “It’s time to move on and address the national security of the United States.”

More at link.

Online Wingnut

Chairman of Joint Chiefs says Navy SEAL Gallagher case is ‘closed’

American Military News by Ryan Morgan   November 25, 2019

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2019/11/chairman-of-joint-chiefs-says-navy-seal-gallagher-case-is-closed/

Case closed.  Let's move on like the he said.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Case closed.  Let's move on like the he said.

They will if they can't extract a reason to bash Trump.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: