Author Topic: Trump: Park rangers will patrol Mexican border  (Read 398 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Trump: Park rangers will patrol Mexican border
« on: November 23, 2019, 08:04:46 pm »
Latest
Trump: Park rangers will patrol Mexican border

Published 1 hour ago on November 24, 2019 02:44 AM
By TDT

The Trump administration has ordered rangers from national parks around the country to travel to the U.S.-Mexico border to fight illegal immigration and drug traffickers.

It’s an effort that comes as the Democratic-controlled House of Representatives has refused to fund President Donald Trump’s border security plan, which calls for more barriers and beefed-up law enforcement along the border.

The directive has seen park rangers from the Great Smoky Mountains National Park in North Carolina, Wrangell-St. Elias National Park in Alaska, the National Mall in Washington, D.C., and Zion National Park in Utah, among others, temporarily relocate to Arizona and Texas to work with Border Patrol agents. And park officials say they’ve already been told they should continue sending park rangers to the border through September 2020.

Trump signed a stopgap spending bill Nov. 21 after Senate approval, to fund the government through Dec. 20 and stave off a government shutdown that would otherwise have started at midnight Nov. 21

https://tribune.net.ph/index.php/2019/11/24/trump-park-rangers-will-patrol-mexican-border/

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-park-rangers-will-patrol-mexican-border-arrest-migrants/ar-BBXd1w7?ocid=spartanntp
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Re: Trump: Park rangers will patrol Mexican border
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2019, 08:06:57 pm »
How bizarre is this?  Don't park rangers have a duty to fulfill in the parks?  And are they trained to defend against the terrorist Mexican Cartel?  Why can't we send the military?  And why do we need a swiss cheese wall that human traffickers are cutting truck size holes in?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2019, 08:44:19 pm »
Can’t wait to hear Trump supporters on this one.

If it came from Joe Biden, there’d Be laugh emojis everywhere.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2019, 08:50:40 pm »
How bizarre is this?  Don't park rangers have a duty to fulfill in the parks?  And are they trained to defend against the terrorist Mexican Cartel?  Why can't we send the military?  And why do we need a swiss cheese wall that human traffickers are cutting truck size holes in?

I have to agree that this is absolutely absurd.  It would sure seem that a park ranger isn't 'trained' to fight or defend against the Mexican cartel.  Perhaps they will be quickly trained, or will simply be 'spotters' and relay info to the border patrol agents??
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2019, 11:51:57 pm »
I have to agree that this is absolutely absurd.  It would sure seem that a park ranger isn't 'trained' to fight or defend against the Mexican cartel.  Perhaps they will be quickly trained, or will simply be 'spotters' and relay info to the border patrol agents??

That kinda depends. USFS Forest Rangers up in here are a different thing than a Park Ranger, though technically the same to the eye, except one is packing.

A park ranger is something like a camp manager.

A Forest Ranger is a full on sworn LEO, and you don't mess with them. They are out in the middle of nowhere and are very good at taking care of themselves. Just like State Fish and Game wardens, They respond to anything a sheriff or Highway Patrol would, and they all back each other up.

Though I do not know how much good a Forest ranger is going to be in the desert.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2019, 03:17:19 am »
Sucks to be a federal worker under Trump. 

Forget about that picinic basket Ranger Smith.  You've been drafted.  Grab a rifle, put on some Kevlar, and bag us some illegals  :patriot:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2019, 07:41:02 am »
California State Park Rangers, are srmed sworn LEOs.

At beaches they may also be lifeguards, rescue craft operators, etc.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2019, 01:44:36 pm »
California State Park Rangers, are srmed sworn LEOs.

At beaches they may also be lifeguards, rescue craft operators, etc.

There is nobody more feared by the Cartels than the Park Rangers.  Don't worry about those machine guns, boys...go get those illegals. :patriot:

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2019, 02:27:16 pm »
Unless these Rangers are extensively trained in infantry small unit tactics, this is a bad idea. We can be reasonably assured they will be outgunned by the bad guys.

May I suggest bringing a few Vulcans out of mothballs? It’s a 6 barreled Gatling gun, capable of firing 3000 rounds a minute. One of my extra duties my first two years in Germany was commanding a 40 man augmentation reserve force at a nearby Nike Hercules battery. I’m sure we made an impression on those who had thoughts of causing trouble.

Good thing the bad guys didn’t know was my soldiers hadn’t seen infantry tactics since Basic Training. However, they adapted very quickly to the mission requirements with some extra training prior to departing the motor pool.

I’m thankful my ROTC program was very active, with monthly training at nearby Fairchild AFB. I had 4 years of nothing but infantry tactics.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2019, 08:57:08 pm »
Unless these Rangers are extensively trained in infantry small unit tactics, this is a bad idea. We can be reasonably assured they will be outgunned by the bad guys.

May I suggest bringing a few Vulcans out of mothballs? It’s a 6 barreled Gatling gun, capable of firing 3000 rounds a minute. One of my extra duties my first two years in Germany was commanding a 40 man augmentation reserve force at a nearby Nike Hercules battery. I’m sure we made an impression on those who had thoughts of causing trouble.

Good thing the bad guys didn’t know was my soldiers hadn’t seen infantry tactics since Basic Training. However, they adapted very quickly to the mission requirements with some extra training prior to departing the motor pool.

I’m thankful my ROTC program was very active, with monthly training at nearby Fairchild AFB. I had 4 years of nothing but infantry tactics.

Real experience insight.  Thank you, and thank you for your service.