Author Topic: In Their Rush to Impeachment, Pelosi and Schiff Overlooked One Little Thing, McCarthy Found It  (Read 330 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
In Their Rush to Impeachment, Pelosi and Schiff Overlooked One Little Thing, McCarthy Found It

Posted at 8:18 am on November 22, 2019 by Elizabeth Vaughn

In December 2018, the soon-to-be Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi, was busy making changes in the House rules for the incoming 116th Congress. She was actually setting the stage for her anticipated impeachment of President Trump. At the time, The Conservative Treehouse’s “Sundance” wrote, “Remember when we warned [November 8th, 2018] that a convergence of left-wing groups, activists, DNC donors and specifically the Lawfare team, would align with (and meet) incoming Democrat leadership to construct a road-map for the “resistance” priorities? Well, exactly that planned and coordinated outcome is visible as incoming Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi presents her new rules for the 116th congress.”

It appears there was one House rule Pelosi forgot to change and it may come back to bite them. That would be the “Minority Witness Rule (Clause 2(j)(1) of Rule XI).”

In a letter to Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA), signed by the Republican members of the House Intelligence Committee, House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) informs the chairman they are exercising their right to “convene a hearing with witnesses selected by the Minority to testify in the Democrats’ “impeachment inquiry.”” McCarthy writes:

House Rule XI, Clause 1(a)(1)(A) states that “the Rules of the House are the rules of its committees and subcommittees so far as applicable.” House Rule XI, Clause 2(j)(1) provides that “the minority members of the committee shall be entitled, upon request to the chair by a majority of them before the completion of the hearing, to call witnesses selected by the minority to testify…” Notably, this rule was not displaced by H. Res. 660 and, therefore, under House Rule XI, Clause 1(a)(1)(A), it applies to the Democrats’ “impeachment inquiry.”

As the Committee continues to conduct the Democrats’ partisan and one-sided “impeachment inquiry,” there are still important perspectives and serious issues that you have prevented the Committee from examining. We will inform you of the witnesses we intend to call once you have provided a hearing date and time to which we agree. “Your failure to schedule this hearing shall constitute evidence of your denial of fundamental fairness and due process.

more
https://www.redstate.com/elizabeth-vaughn/2019/11/22/rush-impeachment-pelosi-schiff-overlooked-one-little-thing-mccarthy-found/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
There is no way she'll permit a minority hearing, "fairness" be damned.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Cyber Liberty

I have no doubt she will fight it by offering RINO's under the table deals if they refuse to support the request,but I honestly think they have gone too far this time,and actually stepped on the egos of the RNC. Money and favors to be granted are one thing,but making public ego hits on a career politician is something else again.

The Dims just got too cocky after winning the House back,and pushed too hard. IMNSHO,this is going to come back and bite them.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty

I have no doubt she will fight it by offering RINO's under the table deals if they refuse to support the request,but I honestly think they have gone too far this time,and actually stepped on the egos of the RNC. Money and favors to be granted are one thing,but making public ego hits on a career politician is something else again.

The Dims just got too cocky after winning the House back,and pushed too hard. IMNSHO,this is going to come back and bite them.

Bite them, it will, but not before they get punished at the ballot box.  The Rats see no reason to change up their strategy.  I still think there is no way Pelosi will allow the Republicans to run their own inquiry, and if by some weird happenstance there are such hearings, they wont get the press coverage Schitt's show did.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

rangerrebew

GOP Leader Busts Schiff Out–The Committee Rule He Forgot To Scrap!

(Liberty Bell) – On Thursday, House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) posted a letter signed by the House Intelligence Oversight Committee to House Intelligence Chairman, Adam Schiff (D-CA).

The letter has some pretty bad news for Schiff, who clearly missed something when the tried to secure a positively one-sided impeachment inquiry process against the president.

In the letter, Rep. McCarthy points to House Rule XI, Clause 2(j)(1), the Minority Rule on calling witnesses.

https://www.libertybell.com/gop-leader-busts-schiff-out-the-committee-rule-he-forgot-to-scrap/

Offline PeteS in CA

If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

:yowsa: 888high58888
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Topics merged.  Thanks, @Bigun!
I will NOT comply.