Author Topic: Breaking>>AP 2 US service members killed in chopper crash in Afghanistan  (Read 335 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

AP
2 US service members killed in chopper crash in Afghanistan.
Nov 19, 2019

KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) — The U.S. forces in Afghanistan in a statement says that two U.S. service members have been killed in a helicopter crash in Afghanistan.

The statement says Wednesday that the cause of the crash is under investigation, however preliminary reports do not indicate it was caused by enemy fire.

Read more:  https://madison.com/news/world/us-service-members-killed-in-chopper-crash-in-afghanistan/article_9023b998-4654-53dc-a259-b08f68abbbaa.html

Just read an article yesterday on 'rollover' accidents with land vehicles in the military. They've greatly declined they say. This just reminds me of that for some reason.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 06:10:23 am by TomSea »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Just read an article yesterday on 'rollover' accidents with land vehicles in the military. They've greatly declined they say. This just reminds me of that for some reason.

@TomSea

As a friend once told me that transitioned from rifle toter to Cobra pilot,"Helicopters don't really fly. They beat the air in to submission,and sometimes the air wins."

They ARE prone to just fall right out of the sky.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Lucas Tomlinson
@LucasFoxNews
U.S. Army identifies Apache pilots killed in helicopter crash in eastern Afghanistan Wednesday while protecting U.S. forces on the ground.

CW2 Kirk T. Fuchigami, 25, of Keaau, Hawaii and CW2 David C. Knadle, 33, of Tarrant, Texas were members of the 1st Cavalry Division.

https://twitter.com/LucasFoxNews/status/1197547573114015744

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
 @TomSea

Attack helicopters tend to go in fast and hard,and it's rare to see any survivors.

You get more survivors with slicks (troop transport) helicopters because they get hit when going in slow,and often can auto-rotate into a semi-controlled crash. I have seen LOTS of survivors from shot down slicks.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!