Author Topic: Veteran speaks out on military receiving 'cold' treatment on college campuses  (Read 222 times)

rangerrebew

Veteran speaks out on military receiving 'cold' treatment on college campuses

By Julia Musto | Fox News

Veteran who went to Yale sounds the alarm on Anti-American sentiment at elite colleges

U.S. Air Force veteran and Yale graduate Rob Henderson speaks out on his op-ed on the 'cold welcome' veterans are getting on campuses.

Air Force veteran and Cambridge doctoral candidate Rob Henderson is speaking out about the treatment of veterans on U.S. college campuses.

Appearing on "Fox & Friends" Tuesday with host Brian Kilmeade, the Yale graduate said that the military does a "very good job of building bonds" between all service members. He argued that characteristics such as gender and race "aren't so important," but college campuses put a focal point on these issues.

"These are continual points of discussion," Henderson explained, "and I was very disturbed at how focused these elite institutions are on these characteristics. To me, the military was proof that we could get beyond those superficial features and unite around a common purpose."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/veteran-anti-american-sentiment-college-campuses-fox-friends

rangerrebew

We Viet Nam Vets are keenly aware of that treatment, too.  :poohappen:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
We Viet Nam Vets are keenly aware of that treatment, too.  :poohappen:

When I read it it thought.  Here we go again. this time with a twice removed generation of haters.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

rangerrebew

When I read it it thought.  Here we go again. this time with a twice removed generation of haters.

He is going to have to do what we did.  As the C.O. of my ship would say: "press on."