Author Topic: Marie Yovanovitch’s Unchallenged False Testimony  (Read 150 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Marie Yovanovitch’s Unchallenged False Testimony
« on: November 17, 2019, 03:58:05 pm »
November 17, 2019
Marie Yovanovitch’s Unchallenged False Testimony
By Allan J. Favish

Despite contrary reporting from John Solomon and the New York Times, former United States Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch testified before the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence on November 15, 2019 that a Ukrainian prosecutor recanted his previous statement that she had identified Ukrainians she did not want to see investigated and prosecuted.  You can see her testimony here at 1:15:00 to 1:15:20 in the video.  She did this under questioning from Democratic Counsel Daniel Goldman.

Solomon published an article, with linked documentation, on November 13, 2019 discussing how, while she was ambassador to Ukraine, Yovanovitch told a Ukranian prosecutor the identity of Ukranians she did not want to see investigated and prosecuted.  Solomon wrote:

I . . . secured an interview in mid-March 2016 with Ukraine’s then top prosecutor, Yuriy Lutsenko.  In the interview that was videotaped and released for the whole world to see, Lutsenko alleged that in his first meeting in 2016 with Yovanovitch, the U.S. ambassador conveyed the names of several Ukrainians she did not want to see investigated and prosecuted.  He called it, colloquially, a “do not prosecute list.” [snip]

A Ukrainian news outlet claimed Lutsenko recanted his claim about the “do-not-prosecute” list.  I called Lutsenko and he denied recanting or even changing his story.  He gave me this very detailed response standing by his statements.

But American officials and news media eager to discredit my reporting piled on, many quoting the Ukrainian outlet without ever contacting Lutsenko to see if it was true.  One of the American outlets that did contact Lutsenko, the New York Times, belatedly disclosed today that Lutsenko told it, like he told me, that he stood by his allegation that the ambassador had provided him names of people and groups she did not want to be targeted by prosecutors.  You can read that here.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/11/marie_yovanovitchs_unchallenged_false_testimony.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34