General Category > National/Breaking News

Car Crashes in Pot-Legal States Have Soared

<< < (13/14) > >>

Elderberry:

--- Quote from: roamer_1 on November 20, 2019, 12:03:51 am ---@Elderberry

I will challenge that.
One of my companies was involved in painting... It is very hard to find competent painters, because they tend to be users... We dealt often in high VOC varnishes, lacquers, and epoxies - So getting a buzz at work is very commonplace, and either that flatly attracts a certain kind of employee, or the work itself produces them... It is hard to be buzzed all day, and come off of it after work, so painters tend to like the buzz and stay that way even after work. And in that, I have had a rather unique problem hiring people, as the work actually attracts folks with substance abuse problems.

As a rule of thumb, I would much rather deal with a drunk than a doper. No doubt there are folks who can handle their weed - Some of my most honored mentors, truly gifted and thoughtful people, were habitual tokers. But those folks tend toward an accelerated employment curve, or wind up in their own businesses... And I was not dealing with that cream.

--- End quote ---
@roamer_1

Upon thinking about your rule of thumb, the only reply that comes to mind is "Birds of a Feather Flock Together".

LegalAmerican:

--- Quote from: libertybele on November 16, 2019, 08:04:24 pm ---Same regulations and common sense should apply to driving while under the influence of alcohol to 'pot'.  Good grief! 

Lots of medicinal benefits from pot, and other than the occasional glass of wine, I don't know of any medicinal benefits from alcohol.

--- End quote ---

Resveratrol in wine.  Concentrated antioxidants from the grape skin. Grape juice too, but much more concentrated in wine.
Even alcohol is 'good'.  Keeps down cholesterol, but most don't want to be alcoholics to get that benefit, as it does take a lot of drinking!  Alcohol can stimulate the appetite, hence aperitif before Dinner.  Can also aid the digestion. Just don't use it to get drunk.  Of course it does 'relax ' one. lol 

roamer_1:

--- Quote from: Elderberry on November 20, 2019, 12:19:10 am ---@roamer_1

Upon thinking about your rule of thumb, the only reply that comes to mind is "Birds of a Feather Flock Together".

--- End quote ---

If you meant to imply that I am a drunk, no doubt I was... But long, long before I started that company. I had not been wasted, nor had more beers in a year than I could count on my hands, in over a decade by then...

So no, @Elderberry , I think my observation is relatively without bias.

Maj. Bill Martin:

--- Quote from: Neverdul on November 17, 2019, 02:39:46 am ---CBD oil contains no THC – the psychoactive ingredient in marijuana, at least not in any significant quantities and doesn’t, can’t actually make you high (assuming you get it from a “legitimate” and not completely shady source but being that it’s not closely regulated….?) no matter how much you use and is typically produced from hemp plants, not marijuana plants. Hemp is a close relative of marijuana but

Here in PA you can buy CBD oil and CBD infused products including in energy drinks, breakfast bars, chocolate, “gummy bears” just about everywhere – including at convenience stores like Sheetz and Rutters and lots of other places including beauty stores and salons.

https://www.pennlive.com/news/2019/06/marijuanas-close-cousin-cbd-suddenly-on-sale-all-over-pa-how-and-why.html

Where I get my hair done, they’ve introduced a line of CBD hair and skin care products. I got suckered into buying some CBD hair finishing oil. My hair stylist used it on my hair two appointments ago and it did make my hair very soft and silky and very shiny so I bought a small bottle for $20.

Sometime after I started using it I noticed a strange odor, sort of like BO, not quite as bad as BO but still a musty, musky, funky, sort of an oniony-garlicy odor mixed with sweat, not a skunk weed or pot odor but still not very pleasant. And strangely the odor didn’t seem to be coming from my hair but from my other regions and my “nether regions” and even permeating my clothes so I didn’t equate it at first with the CBD hair oil since my hair didn’t seem to smell that way. But after I stopped using it, the odor went away. Hey, if had made me “feel” more “chill” I might have been OK with the funky odor and the silky hair. : ) But I instead went back to using argon oil for taming my thick, course and curly hair as it is odorless and FWIW is a lot cheaper and does as good as a job.

A lot of people swear by the positive effects of CBD oil, but I’m suspicious of any single product that claims to be a “cure all” for all sorts of and wide variety of unrelated conditions.

I also feel the same about the “essential oil” craze.

But…then…OTOH, after a friend recommended it to me as she said it really helped with her arthritic knee pain, I bought an essential oil pain relief roll on product to use on my foot that has become increasingly arthritic and painful, sometimes to the point of making even simple walking difficult. It contains camphor, copaiba, eucalyptus, lemongrass, rosemary, Frankincense and sage oils. I was very skeptical that it would work at all but it is as least as effective for temporary pain relief as my Rx  cream, but damn if it doesn’t seem to help more.

--- End quote ---

Am I the only one who found this post strangely arousing?

sneakypete:

--- Quote from: Maj. Bill Martin on November 20, 2019, 06:03:21 pm ---

Am I the only one who found this post strangely arousing?

--- End quote ---

@Maj. Bill Martin

Yes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version