General Category > National/Breaking News

Car Crashes in Pot-Legal States Have Soared

<< < (2/14) > >>

DCPatriot:
The potency of pharma pot you can buy by the gram would explain this.

My best friend has been hounding me to get an MMCC card by the State.   Both he and his wife obtained them and they can purchase 4 oz. each per month. 

I tease them...they're libs...that Maryland now is going to take their firearms.

This article tells me that your auto-insurance premiums are going to go up if you are registered card holder in your State.

One day when I went over there, he had six different strains put out in tiny soy sauce dishes.

WHAT A COUNTRY!    We laugh at the thought...at our ages.

xyno:
Plus, follow the money.  Pot sales generate cash for the state and local municipalities. 

xyno:

--- Quote from: DCPatriot on November 16, 2019, 08:19:03 pm ---
I tease them...they're libs...that Maryland now is going to take their firearms.

--- End quote ---

Then there is this.  Back door gun control.

TomSea:
Now, there is CBD, a derivative from Pot, it might be the "pain killing" part, I know someone who uses it because of his "bad knees".   So, I've seen it in "vaping" stores. My friend gets it on amazon, I would think one could find something a lot cheaper than what I saw it selling for. So, in this, we are discussing "medicinal uses" of marijuana:

Web MD discusses it:   https://www.webmd.com/pain-management/news/20180507/cbd-oil-all-the-rage-but-is-it-safe-effective#1

--- Quote ---CBD Oil: All the Rage, But Is It Safe & Effective?

By Dennis Thompson

HealthDay Reporter

MONDAY, May 7, 2018 (HealthDay News) -- Cannabidiol (CBD) oil has become the hot new product in states that have legalized medical marijuana.

The non-intoxicating marijuana extract is being credited with helping treat a host of medical problems -- everything from epileptic seizures to anxiety to inflammation to sleeplessness.

But experts say the evidence is scant for most of these touted benefits.

--- End quote ---

As usual, Web MD seems to come out with a conservative view but that's not a big deal.  It might be worth a try if one has some problems was described above.  I'm unsure of the state-by-state issue.  I guess, if one buys it in a local store, they are not dealing with that issue too much.

If I tried it, basically, I'd try to do it at home, where I'm not worried about being on the road, etc. As I will do with alcohol. I won't really drink away from home. The law can really mess one up if they catch you.  Not worth the fuss.

Smokin Joe:

--- Quote from: libertybele on November 16, 2019, 08:04:24 pm ---Same regulations and common sense should apply to driving while under the influence of alcohol to 'pot'.  Good grief! 

Lots of medicinal benefits from pot, and other than the occasional glass of wine, I don't know of any medicinal benefits from alcohol.

--- End quote ---
How do you test on the roadside for pot? What concentration do you test for, and of what chemicals?
Given the loiter time of tetrahydrocanabinol in user's systems, how do you separate the impaired from the frequent user who is 'normal'?

These are all problems I brought up when North Dakota was considering a ballot measure which would have legalized recreational marijuana (thankfully defeated).

Unlike alcohol, with known concentrations, (dosages, if you will), with known effects, and the ability (however flawed) to measure blood alcohol content and compare to an established objective standard, the standard for marijuana has not been effectively established in such a fashion that provides for anything but a subjective testing of the impairment of the user. That's wide open for challenges in court over being unconstitutionally vague, subjective, and that makes for a difficult standard to prosecute on, with the exception of the most egregious cases.

Better to not let that genie out of the bottle until there is some form of containment, and to be fair to the recreational user where it is legalized, a subjective means to determine when a substance which affects judgement is causing impairment.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version