Author Topic: Shakedown? Jesse Jackson threatens boycott of Buffalo Wild Wings after incident in Naperville  (Read 995 times)

rangerrebew

Shakedown? Jesse Jackson threatens boycott of Buffalo Wild Wings after incident in Naperville
GOPUSA StaffChicago Tribune Posted On 6:55 am November 13, 2019

Civil rights activist the Rev. Jesse Jackson and families affected by a racist customer at a Naperville Buffalo Wild Wings on Tuesday called on the company to diversify its board of directors and executive ranks and to increase the number of franchises owned by people of color.

The group threatened a boycott if conversations with company leadership don’t result in progress.

Jackson said he and the families will meet with Buffalo Wild Wings President Lyle Tick on Monday to discuss policies that will foster diversity and inclusion throughout the restaurant and its parent company, Inspire Brands Inc.

“If we don’t resolve it, there will be a national boycott,” Jackson told reporters at a press event at the South Side Rainbow/PUSH headquarters.

http://www.gopusa.com/?p=79369?omhide=true

rangerrebew

That's an impeachable offense!!  Quid pro quo!  At least extortion! :whistle:

Offline PeteS in CA

I'd love to see the company tell Jesse to "Bring it". If Jesse's shakedown shtick doesn't get crushed by a little corporate courage, Jesse's eventual death will just trigger a competition for who gets to continue doing the shakedowns.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I'd love to see the company tell Jesse to "Bring it". If Jesse's shakedown shtick doesn't get crushed by a little corporate courage, Jesse's eventual death will just trigger a competition for who gets to continue doing the shakedowns.

Damn, Jesse beat old alshapton to the shakedown. 

Oh and Jesse, have you ever been to a BWW?  Most of Those places are whiter than the snow at the north pole?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline conservativevoter

He pulled that same shakedown trick with Coca-Cola a few years back to get his son a franchise.   :cool:

Offline goatprairie

A few years ago Jesse Jackass went to Silicon Valley to try to force them to hire more incompetent minorities.
Although the people who run SV are very liberal, from what I've read they pretty much told Jesse to go pound sand.
Basically, he was demanding they hire incompetent people who would put them out of business.
Many businesses might be able to hire incompetent minorities for window dressing, but that doesn't work in SV where every worker is important.
One of the worst scourges ever visited on the U.S. was the implementation of affirmative action or affirmative discrimination as I like to call it.
It told minorities they don't have to be qualified to get hired, and it hurt the businesses who had to put up with their incompetence.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
If the BoD are smart,they will use "Boycotted by Jesse Jackson!" as an advertising campaign.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline mountaineer

We hadn't heard from JJ lately. I guess his bank account was getting a little slim. Time for a shakedown!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
"Civil rights activist the Rev. Jesse Jackson and families affected by a racist customer at a Naperville Buffalo Wild Wings on Tuesday"

:whocares: Jesse, Jesse, Jesse .... get a life!!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
:whocares: Jesse, Jesse, Jesse .... get a life!!

@Texas Yellow Rose

Playing the "Race Card" IS his life. Without that,he is working in a car wash.

Offline MeshugeMikey

• the anti trump
@Texas Yellow Rose

Playing the "Race Card" IS his life. Without that,he is working in a car wash.

jesse dont know how to RUN nuthin  but his MOUF

Offline Applewood

The backstory of the alleged incident sounds suspicious.  I'll bet there is more to it or the "facts" are phony.  Asked to move because a customer complained he didn't want to sit near black people?  Or asked to move because maybe they were loud and disruptive, for example? 

In any event, Jackson should get a clue.  Boycotts don't work nowadays.  Go ask Chick-fil-A. 

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Jesse needs more money to pay off his illegitimate children apparently.

BTW, I thought he already died.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline mountaineer

He shook down Anheuser-Busch several years ago for a great deal of money. They were too scared to stand up to him.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline goatprairie

The backstory of the alleged incident sounds suspicious.  I'll bet there is more to it or the "facts" are phony.  Asked to move because a customer complained he didn't want to sit near black people?  Or asked to move because maybe they were loud and disruptive, for example? 

In any event, Jackson should get a clue.  Boycotts don't work nowadays.  Go ask Chick-fil-A.
There was a similar sounding case that happend at a BWW in Charleston, S.C. about six years ago.
Black customers claimed racism at not getting served quickly enough.  A large group of black customers saw two white customers get seated before they did even though they, the white customers,  arrived later.  The restaurant replied that small groups usually get seated quicker than larger groups.  The black group needed several extra long tables to seat all their party.
A worker at the restaurant said the black party almost immediately started yelling and  shouting racism at white people.
Is this the same situation in Chicago, or did the black customers have a legitimate complaint?
It just seems strange that in these days a restaurant worker would ask a large party of black people to move simply because one white customer didn't want to be seated next to them.
You can't count on the media to report the story fairly.  Evil Whitey is always fair game for the media.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 03:34:53 pm by goatprairie »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
There was a similar sounding case that happend at a BWW in Charleston, S.C. about six years ago.
Black customers claimed racism at not get served quickly enough.  A large group of black customers saw two white customers get seated before they did even though they, the white customers,  arrived later.  The restaurant replied that small groups usually get seated quicker than larger groups.  The black group needed several extra long tables to seat all their party.
A worker at the restaurant said the black party almost immediately started yelling and  shouting racism at white people.
Is this the same situation in Chicago, or did the black customers have a legitimate complaint?
It just seems strange that in these days a restaurant worker would ask a large party of black people to move simply because one white customer didn't want to be seated next to them.
You can't count on the media to report the story fairly.  Evil Whitey is always fair game for the media.

@goatprairie

I do my best to avoid public places with lots of blacks,but not because I am prejudiced against all blacks. I'm not. I have had and still have blacks that are genuine friends. I do it because I see no need to put myself in a position where I will kill someone if I go there.

The last time I went to the nearest movie theater,it was full of blacks (my fault. Eddie Murphy movie. I should have known better) "shouting out" to both the actors on the screen,and to their home bois in the audience. I ended up choking one of them out and having to leave before the lights came on and I was ratpacked. That has been maybe 20 years ago,and I haven't been there since.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 03:07:50 pm by sneakypete »

Offline verga

In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Apparently the two employees were already fired and there is more to the incident.
https://abc7chicago.com/society/police-report-reveals-new-details-on-naperville-buffalo-wild-wings-racist-incident/5696571/
https://wgntv.com/2019/11/14/customer-linked-to-race-related-incident-at-buffalo-wild-wings-was-known-by-staff-for-racist-comments-naperville-police-report-says/
Naperville police investigated and found no evidence of a hate crime, and no charges were filed. The restaurant fired two staff members and says it's conducting sensitivity training for its employees.

Jesse not satisfied.  He wants money.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Applewood

@goatprairie

I do my best to avoid public places with lots of blacks,but not because I am prejudiced against all blacks. I'm not. I have had and still have blacks that are genuine friends. I do it because I see no need to put myself in a position where I will kill someone if I go there.

The last time I went to the nearest movie theater,it was full of blacks (my fault. Eddie Murphy movie. I should have known better) "shouting out" to both the actors on the screen,and to their home bois in the audience. I ended up choking one of them out and having to leave before the lights came on and I was ratpacked. That has been maybe 20 years ago,and I haven't been there since.

@sneakypete

I live in a depressed neighborhood -- a mix of white and black and more recently, Hispanic and Middle Eastern "refugees."  Seems to me the younger generation n in particular, no matter the ethnicity, is rude, crude and loud.  I guess no one teaches manners and decorum anymore. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

I live in a depressed neighborhood -- a mix of white and black and more recently, Hispanic and Middle Eastern "refugees."  Seems to me the younger generation n in particular, no matter the ethnicity, is rude, crude and loud.  I guess no one teaches manners and decorum anymore.

@Applewood

I'm not going to sugar-coat it or make excuses. It is the "black culture" you are seeing in action. The media has made it seem "cool",so you see kids of all ages trying to pose as "Gangstas". Pretty much all of them regardless of color are harmless if there is only one or two of them,but if there are 4 or more and you are by yourself,you had better pay attention to what is going on around you or one of them will sneak up and hit you in the back of the head,and then they will ratpack you once you are on the ground and defenseless.

What does it say about a culture that celebrates and promotes cowardice,and calls cowards "bad"?

And they continue to do this because we continue to allow them to do it. Start killing or crippling the MoFo's every time they attack you,and watch the survivors turn into Mormon Missionaries with NO interest in violence.

And make no mistake about it,this is only going to get worse until either all the white males are dead,or the whites start fighting back.

The only reason it's not being called a race war now is because the blacks and the wannabe blacks are the only ones attacking people in mobs. If whites started doing this,governors would call out the national guard.