Author Topic: This Impeachment Inquiry Is Really About Who Sets U.S. Foreign Policy  (Read 167 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 This Impeachment Inquiry Is Really About Who Sets U.S. Foreign Policy

If Trump thinks it’s in the national interest to root out corruption in Ukraine and get to the bottom of 2016 election meddling, that’s his prerogative.

By John Daniel Davidson
November 14, 2019

Despite the hysterical headlines in the mainstream media, there was no bombshell on the first day of public testimony in the House impeachment inquiry. It was actually very boring and tedious.

But for those who had the patience to sit through it on Wednesday, the testimony of veteran State Department officials William Taylor and George Kent did help clarify what this impeachment inquiry is all about: a disagreement between President Trump and a coterie of career State Department bureaucrats about what U.S. policy should be in Ukraine.

To put it more bluntly, the Democrats’ impeachment inquiry is about whether the president or unelected officials in the State Department should be able to determine U.S. foreign policy and define U.S. national interests abroad.

What we heard Wednesday was a lot of opinions from Taylor and Kent about what U.S. policy should be in Ukraine and what serves the national interest there. But if President Trump has a different view, whose opinion should matter? Clearly, the president’s opinion is the one that counts because the president, not State Department officials, sets U.S. foreign policy.

more
https://thefederalist.com/2019/11/14/this-impeachment-inquiry-is-really-about-who-sets-u-s-foreign-policy/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Re: This Impeachment Inquiry Is Really About Who Sets U.S. Foreign Policy
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2019, 01:49:17 pm »
Well, the President is elected and the bureaucracy is not.   At root,  this is all about the sovereignty of the American people.   The Dems think we're too deplorable and ignorant for self-governance.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: This Impeachment Inquiry Is Really About Who Sets U.S. Foreign Policy
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2019, 02:28:19 pm »
This Impeachment Inquiry Is Really About Who Sets U.S. Foreign Policy

:yowsa:  Absolutely and I have said so many times before yesterday.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien