Author Topic: Ruth Bader Ginsburg misses court due to illness  (Read 2051 times)

Offline corbe

Ruth Bader Ginsburg misses court due to illness
« on: November 13, 2019, 05:57:17 pm »
Ruth Bader Ginsburg misses court due to illness

By Ariane de Vogue, CNN Supreme Court Reporter

1 hr ago

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg was not on the bench for oral arguments Wednesday due to illness, according to Chief Justice John Roberts.

Roberts announced she was "indisposed due to illness."

A court spokesperson said that Ginsburg was home with a stomach virus and that she is expected to participate in the cases by reading the briefs.

The oldest Supreme Court justice, Ginsburg leads the liberal wing on the court, which is currently outnumbered 5-4 by conservatives.

<..snip..>

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ruth-bader-ginsburg-misses-court-due-to-illness/ar-BBWHJti?ocid=ientp
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline dfwgator

Re: Ruth Bader Ginsburg misses court due to illness
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2019, 06:02:11 pm »

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2019, 06:08:03 pm »
Hope she doesn't have the Russian Flu.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2019, 06:12:46 pm »
May she have the good sense to retire before she becomes totally incapacitated.

Not much sympathy here. She's doing what liberals do - holding on to positions till death for ego, power, and politics.

It's the people's seat, not any one individuals. Tired of the elitist pomposity - do your duty and quit trying to hold onto something that you don't have the ability to meet the requirements of.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 11:35:51 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Online mountaineer

Ruth Bader Ginsburg misses Supreme Court arguments due to illness
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2019, 07:48:31 pm »
And I have a bridge in London I'd like to sell you.
Ruth Bader Ginsburg misses Supreme Court arguments due to illness
 By Ronn Blitzer | Fox News

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg was absent from oral arguments before the high court Wednesday morning due to an illness.

The court said Ginsburg, 86, remained home because of a stomach bug. While not having the opportunity to question attorneys during the arguments, she will be involved in deciding the cases. ...  Rest of story

From Twitter:
Greg Stohr  @GregStohr
Roberts says from bench Ginsburg "indisposed due to illness," will take part in cases based on briefs, transcripts.
10:07 AM · Nov 13, 2019
What form of cancer qualifies as a "bug"?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2019, 09:53:01 pm »
Calvin Coolidge  @kramerreport
Ruth Bader Ginsburg missed Court today for a “stomach bug” That could mean anything from a bad taco to major surgery at Sloan  Kettering, transparency not being a strong suit of the Left.

If RBG calls it a career, watch Dems drop Impeachment Inquiry and go into SCOTUS DEFCON 5!
4:33 PM · Nov 13, 2019
I wonder if they're treating this particular "flu bug" with chemotherapy.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2019, 11:17:03 pm »

I think she already proved she doesn't, or she would have retired in 2014 while Obastard could have replaced her.  It never made any sense to me that she did not.  I guess she wanted to be replaced by the first woman (?) President. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Ruth Bader Ginsburg admitted to hospital after chills and a fever
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2019, 12:07:17 am »
Ruth Bader Ginsburg admitted to hospital after chills and a fever
By Paul LeBlanc, CNN
Updated 6:52 PM ET, Sat November 23, 2019

Washington (CNN)Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg was admitted to Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore Friday night after experiencing chills and a fever earlier in the day, the Supreme Court said in a statement Saturday.

More at: https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/23/politics/ruth-bader-ginsburg-supreme-court-hospital/index.html

I think someone is beating me to posting this. Anyway. Sort of breaking, I guess, this happened last night. Sounds like a cold.

Offline TomSea

Re: Ruth Bader Ginsburg admitted to hospital after chills and a fever
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2019, 12:19:57 am »
Breaking News Online:

BNO News
@BNONews
·
27m
U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, 86, has been hospitalized after experiencing chills and fever, court says; her symptoms have abated with intravenous antibiotics and fluids

https://twitter.com/BNONews/status/1198387906030768134

Oh, she might already be out of the hospital by tomorrow morning, I guess the story looks more alarming than it actually is...one of those kinds of stories.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 12:20:58 am by TomSea »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2019, 01:00:11 am »
https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/471807-ruth-bader-ginsburg-hospitalized-after-fever-chills

Ruth Bader Ginsburg hospitalized after fever, chills
BY RACHEL FRAZIN - 11/23/19 06:54 PM EST

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg was hospitalized on Friday night after she experienced chills and fever during the day, but her symptoms have died down, the court said in a statement.

"Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg was admitted to Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, Maryland, last night after experiencing chills and fever earlier in the day," the statement said.

"With intravenous antibiotics and fluids, her symptoms have abated and she expects to be released from the hospital as early as Sunday morning," the court added.

More at URL above...

Online mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2019, 01:00:35 am »
Once again ...
Published 37 mins ago
Ruth Bader Ginsburg hospitalized for chills and fever, Supreme Court says
By Morgan Phillips | Fox News

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg was admitted to Johns Hopkins Hospital on Friday night after experiencing chills and a fever, the Supreme Court said Saturday night.

Ginsburg, 86, was initially evaluated at Sibley Memorial Hospital in Washington, D.C., before being transferred to Johns Hopkins for further evaluation and treatment of any possible infection, the Supreme Court said in a press release.

Her symptoms have abated after intravenous antibiotics and fluids and she is expected to be released from the hospital as early as Sunday morning, according to the release. ... 
Story at FOX News

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2019, 01:05:34 am »

Not much sympathy here. She's doing what liberals do - holding on to positions till death for ego, power, and politics.

It's the people's seat, not any one individuals. Tired of the elitist pomposity - do your duty and quit trying to hold onto something that you don't have the ability to meet the requirements of.
She is following the John McCain template. As a rule, Liberals NEVER retire no matter what. They are so covetous of their seat, they cannot bear the thought of anybody else sitting in THEIR office.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2019, 01:25:04 am »
 :0001:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2019, 01:27:15 am »
Topics merged.
I will NOT comply.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2019, 01:35:38 am »
Whoops, @corbe posted one close to noon today in the SCOTUS news section, I signed on to merge them... I will I guess....

Offline corbe

« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2019, 01:49:02 am »
  @TomSea the OP was posted 10 days ago, it's the age old Internet argument, keep with the original thread, no matter how old it is, or make room for some fresh ideas on what seems to be a recurrent theme for the last few years, RBG's health. 
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2019, 01:54:21 am »
https://www.scotusblog.com/
Ginsburg hospitalized with “chills and fever”

By Amy Howe   on Nov 23, 2019 at 7:02 pm

Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg was admitted to Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore on Friday night. The Supreme Court announced tonight that the 86-year-old Ginsburg, who has been treated for cancer four times, was “initially evaluated at Sibley Memorial Hospital” in Washington, D.C., after she experienced “chills and fever.” Ginsburg was then transferred to Johns Hopkins, the court reported, “for further evaluation and treatment of any possible infection.” After receiving intravenous antibiotics and fluids, Ginsburg’s “symptoms have abated and she expects to be released from the hospital as early as Sunday morning.”

The Supreme Court is currently in recess. The justices will return to the bench again on December 2, when they will hear oral argument in a challenge to New York City’s now-repealed ban on transporting licensed handguns outside the city’s limits.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Justice Ginsburg Hospitalized for Fever, Sees Sunday Release
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2019, 03:27:58 am »
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-11-23/justice-ginsburg-hospitalized-with-fever-may-be-released-sunday
Justice Ginsburg Hospitalized for Fever, Sees Sunday Release
By Greg Stohr
November 23, 2019, 5:43 PM CST Updated on November 23, 2019, 6:22 PM CST

Supreme Court liberal was treated with antibiotics, fluids
    It’s the latest in a series of health scares for Ginsburg, 86

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg was hospitalized Friday night with chills and a fever, but her condition has improved and she expects to be released as early as Sunday morning, the court said.

“With intravenous antibiotics and fluids, her symptoms have abated,” the court said in a statement Saturday. She was first evaluated at Sibley Hospital in Washington and then transferred to Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, about 40 miles away.

End of story without a paid subscription.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Justice Ginsburg Hospitalized for Fever, Sees Sunday Release
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2019, 03:38:02 am »
Previously posted.

« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2019, 04:07:17 am »
Previously posted.
@The Ghost This article was already posted?  where please?

Online Wingnut

« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2019, 04:09:50 am »
@The Ghost This article was already posted?  where please?

I Don't feel like searching for it. 

« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2019, 04:35:25 am »
I Don't feel like searching for it.
same

Online Wingnut

Offline corbe

« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2019, 05:19:06 am »
    @GeronL posted this 2 years ago.

Online libertybele

« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2019, 12:49:57 pm »
She's hanging in there for sure... must have been a high enough fever to be hospitalized.

Ginsburg hospitalized for treatment of chills and fever
yesterday

https://apnews.com/59ece692dd804865bac9df546549ab70
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.