Author Topic: Bob, How Do We Bottle This?’ Making Infantry As Good As Special Ops  (Read 193 times)

rangerrebew

Bob, How Do We Bottle This?’ Making Infantry As Good As Special Ops

Our elite close combat forces are outnumbered. As a national priority we must increase the numbers of those capable of doing these hazardous jobs by transferring the skills of JSOC warriors to Army and Marine conventional infantrymen.
By   Bob Scales on November 11, 2019 at 8:00 AM

Sydney and I have known Bob Scales for a long time and there’s one thing that marks him out — he thinks hard and long and deeply about building the best American military possible. His specialty, of course, is the Army, but Bob knows dirt and guns and knives and sweat and blood, so he understands Marine infantrymen as well. Scales argues for something here that will elicit howls of opposition from some and, probably, howls of approbation. Read on! The Editor.

In April 2009 I helped Gen. Jim Mattis host a Conference at the Monaco Hotel in Old Town Alexandria. The event was dedicated to making the Defense Department pay attention to small infantry units, those who were doing virtually all the fighting and dying in Iraq and Afghanistan at the time. We invited all of the ground services with representatives from generals to sergeants. The stars of the show were “Tier I” Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC) commandos from Delta, the Rangers and SEALS.

https://breakingdefense.com/2019/11/bob-how-do-we-bottle-this-making-infantry-as-good-as-special-ops/?utm_campaign=Breaking%20News&utm_source=hs_email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=79273369&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-8ovQ2NYQEl2XzN3LuYxzFYK4cTwfTZWTdwU0VGZgVZb_czCu_UqbUqXqtjUVx4-qm3PC7QWVf7jCw-5pYYwqXA3bTt1dfebRMgT3ZxQxR8qccj0Zc&_hsmi=79273369