Author Topic: BREAKING: Mark Sanford suspends Presidential campaign  (Read 839 times)

Offline dfwgator

Re: BREAKING: Mark Sanford suspends Presidential campaign
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2019, 10:21:21 pm »
True.  But then again, I'm not supporting something I don't want.  I want and support more conservative justices, and I'm getting them.  I wanted Trump to do all he reasonably could to control illegal immigration, and he's been doing that despite renegade federal judges.  Looks like he's finally going to be permitted to kill DACA.  I wanted reductions in regulations, I wanted us not to sign onto global warming madness, and I wanted us to stay away from single payer.  Trump has given me all of that.  Oh, and badly needed business tax reform that has helped foster the longer expansion in history.

So I wasn't just voting against the left -- I was voting for some things as well that I actually did get.

I also wanted entitlement reform, and really liked Ryan's plan to convert it to block grants.  But I wasn't going to get that with Democrats either, so it's a non-issue at this point.

And it's not as if any of the alternatives to Trump will come close to achieving what he has,  even if he's not perfect.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2019, 11:02:51 pm »
True.  But then again, I'm not supporting something I don't want.  I want and support more conservative justices, and I'm getting them.  I wanted Trump to do all he reasonably could to control illegal immigration, and he's been doing that despite renegade federal judges.  Looks like he's finally going to be permitted to kill DACA.  I wanted reductions in regulations, I wanted us not to sign onto global warming madness, and I wanted us to stay away from single payer.  Trump has given me all of that.  Oh, and badly needed business tax reform that has helped foster the longer expansion in history.

So I wasn't just voting against the left -- I was voting for some things as well that I actually did get.

I also wanted entitlement reform, and really liked Ryan's plan to convert it to block grants.  But I wasn't going to get that with Democrats either, so it's a non-issue at this point.

Let me mark you down in the political adult collumn. Good instincts, good judgment too.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2019, 11:34:20 pm »
adieu adieu, adieu, to yieu and yieu and yieu.

Damn song is stuck in my head now!

The best cure for a brain worm song is a worse brain worm. Something by Abba would work for me. Or maybe Sherri Lewis' "Song that Never Ends".

I realize TDS is a thing, but how Sanford imagined he had the national recognition to get Any Democrat elected instead of Trump is beyond my ken.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2019, 11:39:10 pm »
The best cure for a brain worm song is a worse brain worm. Something by Abba would work for me. Or maybe Sherri Lewis' "Song that Never Ends".

I realize TDS is a thing, but how Sanford imagined he had the national recognition to get Any Democrat elected instead of Trump is beyond my ken.

:yowsa:
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2019, 11:42:00 pm »
Too bad.

He was at 2%, going on 3%...
Which is still better than some of the Democrats.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis