Author Topic: Boise mayoral candidate: Let’s build a wall to keep Californians out  (Read 581 times)

rangerrebew

Boise mayoral candidate: Let’s build a wall to keep Californians out

John SextonPosted at 7:01 pm on November 11, 2019

The LA Times published a story Sunday about the anti-California sentiment that has been brewing in Boise, Idaho. One mayoral candidate has even jokingly suggested building a wall around the state to keep Californians out:

Just consider last week’s mayoral election. It was the most competitive race in recent memory, a referendum on growth in the rapidly expanding capital of Idaho. And candidate Wayne Richey ran on a very simple platform: Stop the California invasion…

At a candidate forum in late October,he had a terse answer for the question: “If you were king or queen for the day, what one thing would you do to improve Boise?”

https://hotair.com/archives/john-s-2/2019/11/11/boise-idaho-locals-wish-californians-go-home/

Offline kidd

As a conservative in deep-blue Connecticut, I feel for California conservatives.
It's miserable to stay but the good places assume you're a liberal.

Offline jpsb

As a conservative in deep-blue Connecticut, I feel for California conservatives.
It's miserable to stay but the good places assume you're a liberal.

Cali refugees are turning Texas blue. I hate Cali refugees. They ruin their once beautiful prosperous state then they flee and
vote for the same people that ruined Cali. They are IDIOTS. If you live in Cali STAY THERE, dido New Yorkers.

Dad, as the head of the family might be conservative, but he bring with him his liberal wife and their two or three liberal
children so it's a net loss for which ever conservative state dad decides to move to.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 04:24:14 pm by jpsb »

Offline roamer_1

Cali refugees are turning Texas blue. I hate Cali refugees. They ruin their once beautiful prosperous state then they flee and
vote for the same people that ruined Cali. They are IDIOTS. If you live in Cali STAY THERE, dido New Yorkers.

Dad, as the head of the family might be conservative, but he bring with him his liberal wife and their two or three liberal
children so it's a net loss for which ever conservative state dad decides to move to.

Welcome to CALIFORNICATION. They been doing it to the Rockies for years.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

What he said!
Saw it happen in Keller, Southlake and the Alliance corridor north of 820. They moved here. Enrolled their evil spawn in schools.  Ran for city councils and got in office and on School Boards and the liberal puss stated to ooze out. Then I saw most all of Tarrant Co starting to trend Blue.  The writing was on the wall so I got out when the getting was good.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
jpsb wrote:
"Cali refugees are turning Texas blue. I hate Cali refugees. They ruin their once beautiful prosperous state then they flee and vote for the same people that ruined Cali. They are IDIOTS."

That's not all that's going to turn Texas blue.

I read a day or two ago, that of the K-12 cohort of the population, 28% are "whites" (i.e., American "Anglos").

Twenty-eight percent.
Think about that for a moment.
Who comprises the other 72 percent?
Who will they vote for, when they reach voting age?
When they do... watch out... changes are going to come.
And they're gonna come quickly.

Here's an image of where I reckon Texas is right now:

Offline Night Hides Not

jpsb wrote:
"Cali refugees are turning Texas blue. I hate Cali refugees. They ruin their once beautiful prosperous state then they flee and vote for the same people that ruined Cali. They are IDIOTS."

That's not all that's going to turn Texas blue.

I read a day or two ago, that of the K-12 cohort of the population, 28% are "whites" (i.e., American "Anglos").

Twenty-eight percent.
Think about that for a moment.
Who comprises the other 72 percent?
Who will they vote for, when they reach voting age?
When they do... watch out... changes are going to come.
And they're gonna come quickly.

Here's an image of where I reckon Texas is right now:

The demographics for my grandson's elementary school are 20% other, 80% Asian (i.e. Indian). It's the same elementary school my 3 kids attended, under far different demographics. He's about the only white kid in his class.

Nice people generally, but they can't drive worth squat.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.