Author Topic: Maya Rockeymoore Cummings, widow of Baltimore Rep. Elijah Cummings, will seek his seat in Congress  (Read 437 times)

Online corbe

Maya Rockeymoore Cummings, widow of Baltimore Rep. Elijah Cummings, will seek his seat in Congress

By Luke Broadwater, The Baltimore Sun

1 hr ago

Maryland Democratic Party Chairwoman Maya Rockeymoore Cummings, the widow of U.S. Rep. Elijah Cummings, is running for her husband’s seat, arguing Monday she is the best option to carry out his legacy and continue his vision.

“I am, of course, devastated at the loss of my spouse, but his spirit is with me,” Rockeymoore Cummings, 48, said in an interview with The Baltimore Sun. “I’m going to run this race and I’m going to run it hard, as if he’s still right here by my side.”

Cummings, who had cancer, died Oct. 17 after serving more than two decades in Congress. He left a record of fighting for the needy and battling the administration of Republican President Donald Trump.

<..snip..>

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/maya-rockeymoore-cummings-widow-of-baltimore-rep-elijah-cummings-will-seek-his-seat-in-congress/ar-BBWC9PA?ocid=ientp
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Looks like a democrat hold in 2020 unless she's got some skeletons in her closet.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Polly Ticks

[...] arguing Monday she is the best option to carry out his legacy and continue his vision.

And here I was thinking a Congressman's job should be to represent the will of the people who elect him/her rather than to establish a personal 'vision'.

Naive of me, I know.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online IsailedawayfromFR

Am confused.  Is this black congressman's wife the one who is being investigated for corruption or is it another black congressman?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Am confused.  Is this black congressman's wife the one who is being investigated for corruption or is it another black congressman?

That's correct, but it won't matter to Baltimore's Rat voters.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online IsailedawayfromFR

That's correct, but it won't matter to Baltimore's Rat voters.
Perhaps she is seeking sanctuary for her crimes within the halls of Congress.

Wouldn't be the first time.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Right_in_Virginia

This race will sure be a cliffhanger, assuming she isn't running unopposed.   wink777