General Category > Technology

There’s a race to replace our iPhones with smart glasses we wear everywhere

(1/4) > >>

Gefn:
Most of the biggest names in Big Tech are racing to create smart glasses that we wear everywhere and that may replace our phones.

Microsoft, Amazon, Google, Snap, Facebook Apple, Magic Leap and others are all working on some form of smart glasses or headset that will change how we view the world around us. Instead of pulling a phone out of our pockets to talk to people or interact with apps, we may do these things simply by speaking to, and looking through, a set of glasses.

There’s a race to be the first to make a set of glasses that everyone will wear, which means they have to be fashionable and sleek enough to wear all day and everywhere you go. Advocates of the technology hope that you’ll one day be able to replace every screen in your life with just one pair of smart glasses.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/11/11/smart-glasses-that-replace-phones-may-be-the-next-hottest-tech-trend.html

Gefn:
Didn’t I see this on “Futureama”?

Fishrrman:
Somehow, I just don't think folks are gonna want to walk around looking like this all the time:

sneakypete:
I don't get it. I have a smart phone because basically there is no other choice and they are cheap,but all I use it for is a phone and alarm clock. I do take text messages from doctors offices about appointment reminders,and similar things,but delete texts unread from everybody else.

I don't even answer the damn thing if I am driving or otherwise occupied. I just return the call later if it is someone I know. If it's not someone I know,I just put that number on ignore.

My phone is for MY convenience,not the convenience of every spammer on the planet.

sneakypete:

--- Quote from: Fishrrman on November 11, 2019, 11:52:24 pm ---Somehow, I just don't think folks are gonna want to walk around looking like this all the time:

--- End quote ---

@Fishrrman

I am betting there are millions of people willing to sell their first-born children to get the money to be the first in their social circles to own a pair.

For one thing,they will revolutionize babysitting.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version