Author Topic: 5 Reasons A Senate Trial Would Be A Nightmare For Democrats  (Read 305 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
5 Reasons A Senate Trial Would Be A Nightmare For Democrats
« on: November 11, 2019, 03:02:52 pm »
 5 Reasons A Senate Trial Would Be A Nightmare For Democrats

If impeachment occurs and a Senate trial happens, the GOP has the advantages. It could be a disaster for Democrats.

By David Marcus
November 11, 2019

The once distant and gauzy fantasy of impeaching President Donald Trump is becoming very real for Democrats, just not quite how they wanted or expected it to. As we move into public testimony this week, the wheels of presidential removal are stuck in deeper mud than ever. The polls have been flat or reversing back Trump’s way for weeks despite alleged bombshell revelations, and the worst could be yet to come if and when the issue moves to the Senate.

Over the weekend, many Democrats and media allies moved away from the dulcet sound of the Latin “quid pro quo” to the more menacing “extortion” and “bribery,” imagining using a dead language is hurting their messaging.

Many also insisted that the magic of television will persuade voters even if the facts of the case are already known and stipulated for the most part. Not only does this assume that the American people are kind of dumb, it also may rely just a smidge too much on hopes that Ambassador Bill Taylor has some kind of powerful television presence. Could an “end of the Perry Mason episode” moment happen? It is not beyond the realm of possibility, but also extremely unlikely.

more
https://thefederalist.com/2019/11/11/5-reasons-a-senate-trial-would-be-a-nightmare-for-democrats/
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 03:03:58 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: 5 Reasons A Senate Trial Would Be A Nightmare For Democrats
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2019, 04:05:42 pm »
1. Losing Control Of the Process
2. Oh Hi, Hunter Biden
2. (sic) Senators On The (Campaign) Trail
4. Republican Unity
5. The Odds Of Winning Are Not Good

Losing control of the process is a biggie. Schiffty, et al, could not block Rs' witnesses or stifle lines of questioning.

I think the next biggie, though, is that it would be public. The public would see that Dems' accusations are groundless. The public would see the credibility of Dems' witnesses impeached. The public would see that Trump's actions were normal and reasonable.

Building on the latter, it would come out that the doings of Hunter Biden were odoriferous, and Joe's actions to protect him were acts of corruption.

Further, the whole process of how the Dems came to impeach President Trump would be scrutinized. It will look really ugly under that scrutiny.

Election 2020 is coming. Many Dem voters will be disgusted by the lunatic actions of their party. OTOH, those same lunatic actions will galvanize R voters: the Dems could lose control of the House, lose more seats in the Senate, and reelect Donald Trump.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2019, 04:20:05 pm »
The party is so far gone that they cant even see the tail is wagging the dog.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2019, 05:17:38 pm »
The party is so far gone that they cant even see the tail is wagging the dog.

The loonies are running the bin, and Dem Reps and Senators in competitive districts and states may find themselves on the altar, sacrificed to Trump-Hatred. I don't mind, obviously, but they deserve better from their party.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2019, 06:20:43 pm »
From the end of the article, the money line:

But alas, it may be too late for that. Democrats promised their base blood, and blood will be had. But as in any good fight, once you level your best shot, the other guy gets to hit back.

There is plenty of grapeshot, and the powder is dry.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2019, 09:19:39 pm »
From the end of the article, the money line:

There is plenty of grapeshot, and the powder is dry.

The question they have to ask themselves is this: would the base be happier with a controlled retreat now, or with an acquittal next year that Trump will crow as a crushing victory and total exoneration?
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2019, 09:25:54 pm »
The question they have to ask themselves is this: would the base be happier with a controlled retreat now, or with an acquittal next year that Trump will crow as a crushing victory and total exoneration?

Rats don't think ahead to the future, so my guess is they haven't given a moment's thought to what happens next year.  No understanding of the phrase, "Delayed gratification."  Therefore, they are all-in to Impeach.  Damn the torpedoes, full steam ahead.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2019, 09:45:13 pm »
Rats don't think ahead to the future, so my guess is they haven't given a moment's thought to what happens next year.  No understanding of the phrase, "Delayed gratification."  Therefore, they are all-in to Impeach.  Damn the torpedoes, full steam ahead.

That's how I see it too - Pelosi may be the only one worried about the long-term costs but she's lost control of too many of her members. All she can do is stick to the spin that they have to do their "duty" regardless of the consequences.
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2019, 01:10:03 am »
Cyber wrote:
"Therefore, they are all-in to Impeach.  Damn the torpedoes, full steam ahead."

This may not be such a bad policy, when you stop to consider:
a. Whether "the other party" actually HAS any torpedos,
and
b. Even if they did, would they be cunning enough to USE them...?

Aside:
Consider "the other party's" PAST history of unity under President Trump.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 01:11:00 am by Fishrrman »